Proofreading Opportunity: 80-Page Thesis in Solid-State Physics

In summary, a professor has commented on the quality of a recently completed M. Sc. thesis and suggested that English mistakes should be eliminated. As the author is not a native English speaker, they are looking for someone to proofread the thesis. The thesis is on solid-state physics and is both experimental and readable for theorists. It contains interesting results and is written clearly in 80 pages. Partial proofreading is also welcome and the author can be contacted via email for access to the thesis.
salsero
A professor who read my recently completed M. Sc. thesis commented that the thesis was good enough so that it was worth eliminating English mistakes from there. However, I can't do it better than I did, since I am not a native English speaker. So I am looking for someone who would be interested to read the thesis and find the mistakes (there shouldn't be too many).

The thesis deals with a topic in solid-state physics. The research is experimental, but the text is readable for theorists as well. It includes several interesting results, and it is written clearly.

The thesis is 80 pages long, with a relatively large font. Proofreading of only a part of the thesis will also be appreciated!

If you would like to see the thesis, please write me email.

Yours,
Salsero.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll help you out. Send me a PM with your thesis. I'll be on a semi-vacation next week so I'll have some time to do some reading.

JMD

Related to Proofreading Opportunity: 80-Page Thesis in Solid-State Physics

1. What is proofreading and why is it important for a thesis in solid-state physics?

Proofreading is the process of carefully reviewing a document for errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. It is important for a thesis in solid-state physics because it ensures that the content is clear, concise, and free of mistakes, which is crucial for effectively communicating complex scientific information.

2. How long does it typically take to proofread an 80-page thesis in solid-state physics?

The amount of time it takes to proofread an 80-page thesis in solid-state physics can vary depending on the level of detail and complexity of the content. However, on average, it can take anywhere from 8-12 hours to thoroughly proofread a document of this length.

3. Can I expect my proofreader to make changes to the content of my thesis?

No, the role of a proofreader is to identify and correct errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. They will not make changes to the content of your thesis unless it is to correct a mistake or inconsistency in the text.

4. Will my thesis be kept confidential during the proofreading process?

Yes, as a scientist, I understand the importance of confidentiality in research. Your thesis will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside of the proofreading process.

5. What qualifications and experience should I look for in a proofreader for my thesis in solid-state physics?

When choosing a proofreader for your thesis in solid-state physics, it is important to look for someone with a strong background in science, particularly in the field of solid-state physics. They should also have experience in proofreading academic documents and possess excellent attention to detail and language skills.