Publishing School Project Report?

In summary, the conversation discussed a project assigned in class about the analysis of loads, load paths, and deflection calculations of a girder in actual plans. The report is divided into two sections, with the first discussing theory and the second presenting calculations. The individual is wondering if this report could be considered "publishable" material and if so, which website they could publish it to. They also mentioned that the report is not research, but is proud of it and believes it could be a good showcase of their structural analysis skills. A suggestion was made to host the report on a website and include a link on their resume or cover letter for potential employers to view. However, it was noted that this may not be considered publishable material in
CivilSigma
In class, we were assigned a project about analysis of a loads, load paths and calculations of deflection of a girder in actual plans.

My report ( a total of 50 pages) is divided into two sections : the first talking about some theory and the second presenting calculations.

Do you think this is "publishable" material, if yes which website can I publish it to?

My report is not research - but I am proud of it and I think it will be a good showcase of my structural analysis skills and something to add to my resume.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
You could get a website, host the paper there, and put a link on your resume or cover letter to the analysis as a sample of your work for future employers to view. I'm not an engineer, but that's not something that would be considered publishable in physics (especially not at that length).

1. What is the purpose of publishing a school project report?

Publishing a school project report allows for the dissemination of your research and findings to a wider audience. It also serves as a way to contribute to the existing body of knowledge in your field.

2. How do I choose a suitable journal or platform to publish my report?

You should consider the scope and focus of your report, as well as the target audience, when selecting a journal or platform. It is important to also research the reputation and impact factor of the journal to ensure it aligns with your goals.

3. What are the key components of a published school project report?

A published school project report typically includes an abstract, introduction, methodology, results, discussion, conclusions, and references. Depending on the format, it may also include figures, tables, and supplementary materials.

4. How do I ensure the quality and validity of my published report?

To ensure quality and validity, it is important to carefully review and edit your report before submission. You can also seek feedback from peers and experts in your field. Additionally, following ethical standards and citing reputable sources can help strengthen the validity of your report.

5. What are the potential benefits of publishing a school project report?

Some potential benefits of publishing a school project report include building your academic resume, increasing your visibility in your field, and potentially leading to collaborations and further research opportunities. It also allows for your work to make a meaningful contribution to your field of study.