Pushing capacity of a human being

In summary, the conversation revolves around determining the average pushing force a human being can exert. The initial question is deemed ambiguous as it does not specify certain details such as the use of simple machines and accounting for muscle and friction. The strongest man alive, Mariusz Pudzianowski, is mentioned as a potential source for determining this average force. One person suggests that the average maximum force could be around 175 kiloNewtons, but another person questions this as it seems like a high amount. The first person then corrects themselves and suggests a more reasonable estimate of 17.5 kilos.
flfgw

Homework Statement

Does anyone know the average pushing force a human being can exert?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I did some research online but didn't find anything.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the question is rather ambiguous. 1. with help of pulley or any other simple machine? 2. account for muscle (prob?) 3. friction?

I looked up "strongest man alive" and I got: Mariusz Pudzianowski

So I guess you can look at his stats and conclude on that.

I believe the average maximum force would be around 175 kiloNewtons

ninjaDUDE said:
I believe the average maximum force would be around 175 kiloNewtons

Are you sure about that? Thats 18 tonnes of weight. Seems a bit much.

Gib Z said:
Are you sure about that? Thats 18 tonnes of weight. Seems a bit much.

woops i meant 17.5

Related to Pushing capacity of a human being

What is the pushing capacity of a human being?

The pushing capacity of a human being varies depending on several factors such as age, fitness level, and body size. On average, an adult human can push anywhere from 50 to 100% of their body weight.

Can a human being increase their pushing capacity?

Yes, a human being can increase their pushing capacity through regular strength training and exercise. By strengthening the muscles used for pushing, individuals can gradually increase their pushing capacity over time.

What are the risks of pushing beyond one's capacity?

Pushing beyond one's capacity can lead to muscle strain, injury, and fatigue. It is important to listen to your body and not push beyond what you are physically capable of to avoid these risks.

Are there any factors that can affect a human's pushing capacity?

Aside from age, fitness level, and body size, other factors that can affect a human's pushing capacity include the type of surface being pushed on, the angle of the push, and the speed at which the push is performed.

Is there a limit to a human's pushing capacity?

While there is no set limit, there is a limit to how much a human can safely push without risking injury or strain. It is important to push within your own physical abilities and not compare yourself to others.