Python Help: Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit

• Thread starter TromboneNerd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Python
In summary, The user is having trouble with a basic python assignment where they need to convert temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Their program converts the temperatures correctly, but they are having trouble with an if statement that is supposed to stop the program when the user inputs 0 as the temperature. They are asking for help with their code and want an explanation of what a specific portion of the code does.
TromboneNerd
Im having trouble with a basic python assignment in one of my classes. Its supposed to ask the user for temperatures in Celsius and convert them to Fahrenheit, which it does fine. The problem is that its also supposed stop asking the user if he gives it 0, which means the end of the list of numbers. My program converts fine, but upon entering 0 it just gives me 32, which means something is wrong with my if statement and its just converting 0 like a normal number. Any help? here is my code.

count = 1
converted = False
while (converted == False):
Celsius = raw_input("Temperature number " + str(count) + " to be converted?: ")
if (Celsius.rstrip() == 0):
converted = True​
Celsius = int(Celsius.rstrip()) * 1.8 + 32
print (Celsius)
count = count + 1​

Technology news on Phys.org
I use Python. Can you explain what this portion of code does?

if (Celsius.rstrip() == 0):
converted = True

1. How do I convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python?

To convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python, you can use the formula: F = (C * 1.8) + 32. Where C is the temperature in Celsius and F is the temperature in Fahrenheit. You can also use the built-in round() function to round the result to the desired number of decimal places.

2. Do I need to import any modules or libraries to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python?

No, you do not need to import any modules or libraries to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python. The formula mentioned above can be used without any additional dependencies.

3. How do I prompt the user to enter a temperature in Celsius and convert it to Fahrenheit?

You can use the input() function to prompt the user to enter a temperature in Celsius. Then, you can convert it to Fahrenheit using the formula mentioned in the first question. For example: celsius = float(input("Enter temperature in Celsius: "))

4. Is there a simpler way to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python?

Yes, there is a simpler way to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python by using the format() method. For example: temp_celsius = 25.5 temp_fahrenheit = format(temp_celsius * 1.8 + 32, '.2f') This will give you a result of 77.90 as a string with two decimal places.

5. Can I convert a list of temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit in Python?

Yes, you can use a for loop to iterate through the list of temperatures in Celsius and convert each one to Fahrenheit using the formula mentioned in the first question. You can store the converted temperatures in a new list or print them directly.