Python-What does this code signifies in relation to boolean logic?

In summary, booleans are used to dictate the behavior of code based on current conditions. They are often used in conjunction with if, elif, and else statements. However, some examples, like comparing a person's age to 100, may be confusing for beginners. Self-learning for Python may be a better approach as it allows for more hands-on practice and learning from others' code.
shivajikobardan
Code:
my_age = 10

if my_age >= 100:
  print("One hundred years old! Very impressive.")
elif my_age <= 3:
  print("Awwww. Just a baby.")
else:
  print("Ah - a very fine age indeed")

https://www.fullstackpython.com/blog/python-basic-data-types-booleans.html
Article says-:
Booleans are used in your code to make it behave differently based on current conditions within your program. You can use boolean values and comparisons in conjunction with the if, elif, and else keyoards as one means to achieve this.

Technology news on Phys.org
This is a weird example, I agree, but I think their idea is that the comparisons will resolve to True/False booleans which will then dictate the conditional flow.

exactly very confusing example. I am tired of self learning. always stumbled upon these types of things.

What is confusing about it? If you don't like it, consider this:
Python:
def age_class(my_age):
  if my_age >= 100:
    print("One hundred years old! Very impressive.")
  elif my_age <= 3:
    print("Awwww. Just a baby.")
  else:
    print("Ah - a very fine age indeed")
and a call age_class(10) to the interpreter. Maybe by the time this example is encountered the course has not covered functions yet, and the authors want to provide a code fragment that compiles and runs correctly.

I think self-learning for Python is actually much better than formal courses. I've spent the last 2 years focused heavily on Python and a lot of it is just trial and error, reading StackExchange, and reading others' code. Happy to take a look at more of these questions though.

1. What is boolean logic?

Boolean logic is a form of algebra that deals with true and false values, and how they can be combined and manipulated using logical operators to produce more complex statements.

2. What does the term "Python" refer to in relation to boolean logic?

In this context, "Python" refers to the Python programming language, which is commonly used for implementing boolean logic operations and creating programs that rely on boolean values.

3. What does this code signify?

This code is a representation of a boolean logic operation or statement. It likely includes one or more variables, logical operators such as "and" or "or", and a comparison between the variables.

4. How is boolean logic used in coding?

Boolean logic is used in coding to make decisions in programs and control the flow of code. It allows programmers to create conditional statements and loops, which are essential for creating complex and dynamic programs.

5. Can you give an example of boolean logic in action?

One example of boolean logic in action is in a simple if statement: if x is greater than y, do something. In this case, x and y are variables, and the comparison "greater than" is a logical operator, making this statement a boolean logic operation.