What does this code signify in relation to boolean logic?

In summary, the concept of booleans is an important part of Python programming as it allows for conditional statements based on the current conditions within a program. The keywords if, elif, and else can be used in conjunction with boolean values to control the behavior of the code. When evaluating boolean expressions, such as my_age >= 100 and my_age <= 3, the result will determine which code will be executed.
shivajikobardan
Code:
my_age = 10

if my_age >= 100:
  print("One hundred years old! Very impressive.")
elif my_age <= 3:
  print("Awwww. Just a baby.")
else:
  print("Ah - a very fine age indeed")

https://www.fullstackpython.com/blog/python-basic-data-types-booleans.html
Article says-:
Booleans are used in your code to make it behave differently based on current conditions within your program. You can use boolean values and comparisons in conjunction with the if, elif, and else keyoards as one means to achieve this.

Technology news on Phys.org
It means that the keywords if and elif are followed by expressions (my_age >= 100 and my_age <= 3) that evaluate to boolean values (when my_age is 10 they both evaluate to False).

This is IMHO not a very good explanation of boolean logic in Python, it is more about conditional statements.

Likes sysprog
exactly i felt the same it is so tough to figure out good explanations tbh

1. What is boolean logic?

Boolean logic is a type of algebraic system that deals with binary values (true or false) and logical operations (AND, OR, and NOT). It is often used in computer science and programming to make decisions based on these binary values.

2. How is boolean logic used in coding?

In coding, boolean logic is used to compare and evaluate conditions to determine if they are true or false. This allows for conditional statements and loops to be used to control the flow of a program.

3. What does the keyword "true" signify in boolean logic?

The keyword "true" in boolean logic signifies that a condition is evaluated as being true. This means that the statement or expression is valid and will result in a true value.

4. What does the keyword "false" signify in boolean logic?

The keyword "false" in boolean logic signifies that a condition is evaluated as being false. This means that the statement or expression is not valid and will result in a false value.

5. How do boolean operators work in relation to boolean logic?

Boolean operators (AND, OR, and NOT) are used in boolean logic to combine multiple conditions and determine the overall truth value of a statement. For example, the AND operator requires both conditions to be true for the statement to be evaluated as true, while the OR operator only requires one of the conditions to be true for the statement to be evaluated as true.