QI-Style Question: What's Wrong with this Diagram?

• Thread starter LtIvan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a question asking if a diagram was correct or not and what the error was. The answer to the question was that the lettering on the diagram was upside down, making it a trick question. The conversation ended with the person who posted the question stating that it was just a fun quiz and the thread was closed.
LtIvan
Allo, wes geo hal,

Here is a little question I devised is the style of the British reality quiz series QI hosted by Stephen Fry.
The most obvious wrong answer will result in loss of points and correct answer gets points.
15804et.gif

Question: Is this diagram correct? If not, what is the error.
2samjjc.jpg

Reply with your answer...

The will be a prize...maybe...if I think of something...

Physics news on Phys.org
All you have to remember is that the one on the ground has a G and the one on the ceiling a C.

We always remembered that the stalactite needs to stick "tight" to the ceiling.

Wait so your answer is the labels are mixed up?...

klaxon.jpg

WRONG!

That is not the answer...

Try again

I do not think you understand the rules; you need to give a straight forward answer, not an anecdote that gives a vague response. Perhaps you need to have watch QI to understand.

Last edited:
Likes billy_joule
LtIvan said:
Question: Is this diagram correct? If not, what is the error.
The answer to the first question is "No." Several people have responded that stalactites hang from the ceiling of a cave, while stalagmites grow upward from the cave's floor. I don't see that there were any "vague responses."

What's your point here?

The answer to the first question is "No."

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/a-qi-styled-question.899022/

Wait so your answer is the labels are mixed up?... WRONG! That is not the answer...

I might as well give the answer awayAnswer: The lettering is upside down; the diagram is upside down. The diagram is correct, just that the labels are upside down.Get it? It is supposed to be a trick question. The trap is that you answer that the diagram is incorrect and the labels are mixed up.
It is suppose to be like the TV show QI where a lot of the questions are trick ones.

I just posted this as a fun quiz to see if anyone gets it

Wes geo hal

LtIvan said:
Answer: The lettering is upside down; the diagram is upside down. The diagram is correct, just that the labels are upside down.
This is just plain silly.
Thread closed.

Likes Evo

1. What is QI-style question?

QI-style question is a type of question used in the popular British comedy panel show "QI", which stands for "Quite Interesting". These questions are designed to challenge conventional wisdom and provoke critical thinking.

2. What is the purpose of a QI-style question?

The purpose of a QI-style question is to encourage people to think outside the box and question their assumptions. These questions often reveal surprising or counterintuitive information.

3. How do you identify a QI-style question?

QI-style questions typically have a humorous or thought-provoking tone and often involve wordplay or paradoxes. They may also include obscure or unexpected facts.

4. How can QI-style questions be used in scientific research?

QI-style questions can be used in scientific research to challenge current theories and stimulate new ideas. They can also be used as a tool for critical thinking and problem-solving.

5. Can QI-style questions be used in other fields besides science?

Yes, QI-style questions can be used in any field that requires critical thinking and questioning of assumptions. They are commonly used in education, business, and entertainment as well.