Quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc?

In summary, the conversation discusses the anthropic landscape and the string theory, and the potential for higher dimensions to be probed by testable physics. The idea of using quantum entanglement to test for higher dimensions is proposed, but its testability and validity are questioned. The conversation also touches on the concept of "Entanglement Between Photons that have Never Coexisted" and the possibility of using correlation delays to study phenomena in higher dimensions. However, these ideas are not fully testable and require further research and experimentation.
conete
although the anthropic landscape looks appealing, I am not big fan of the string theory, due to untestable extra dimensions. In isolation, without sensory information(experiments) the humans(theoretical physicists) start to hallucinate(String theory).

But what if higher dimensions can be probed by testable physics, such as: in quantum entanglement when the 2 photons/electrons split, it might be created a Entanglement Arc in a higher dimension that connects them, as such in our 3 dimensions the distance between them could be very big (let’s say 220 miles to the ISS) but the Higher Dimension Arc length can be only 1cm.

The correlation might not be instant, as proved by researchers from Shanghai university, shown that the lower bound speed to be 10 000 faster than light: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1303.0614v1.pdf. The high bound might be 1 plank time as the arc minimal length is 1 plank unit.

The correlation(communication) will travel through the entanglement arc at the speed of light but in our 3 dimensions we will perceive it as FTL.

Also the "Entanglement Between Photons that have Never Coexisted" phenomenon as presented here: http://news.sciencemag.org/2013/05/...tum-link-between-photons-dont-exist-same-time might also be explained by continuously exiting arcs that links 1-2, 3-4, and upon 2-3 entanglement the 1-4 become linked as well.

By studying the correlation delays we might probe and test phenomenon in higher dimensions (e.g. the arc might get broken by particles interacting in a higher dimension cutting it).

I'm not a physicist, but someone that loves physics, so maybe someone can help me out with this ideas and tell me why I could be wrong and even better why I could be right :-)

Cheers
Conete Cristian

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like you yourself are in isolation and are hallucinating without sensory information!
Your idea seems appealing to me,but is as testable as the extra dimensions of string theory!
In order to see whether your idea can be correct or not,some properties of the extra dimensions should be known which means your idea is as untestable as string theory.
I can't prove or disprove your idea,I just can tell it is a good idea which can persist among others and maybe a physicist can say whether it makes sense or not.Then maybe some other physicist can conduct an experiment to test what the first one said.I'm not capable of doing any of them!

We do not allow the discussion of personal theories here, see our forum rules and https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=2979 .

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc?

Quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc refers to the phenomenon where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, even when they are separated by vast distances. This connection exists beyond the three dimensions of space and one dimension of time, and is often described as a "higher dimension" interaction.

2. How does quantum entanglement occur?

Quantum entanglement occurs when two or more particles interact and become entangled, meaning their quantum states become intertwined. This can happen through various processes, such as through the emission and absorption of particles or through collisions.

3. What is the significance of quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc?

The significance of quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc lies in its potential applications in quantum computing, cryptography, and communication. It also challenges our understanding of space and time, and has implications for the fundamental laws of physics.

4. Can quantum entanglement be used for faster-than-light communication?

No, quantum entanglement cannot be used for faster-than-light communication. While the entangled particles may appear to communicate instantaneously, the actual transfer of information is limited by the speed of light.

5. What are the current challenges and limitations of studying quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc?

One of the main challenges in studying quantum entanglement as a higher dimension arc is the difficulty in observing and manipulating particles at the quantum level. Another limitation is the lack of a complete theory to explain this phenomenon, which requires further research and experimentation.