Quark and anti quark neutral particles question

In summary, you learned that there is no such particle as "miuon", there is a muon (μ- or μ+), it is charged and has a lifetime of microseconds, there is muonium (a bound state of proton and muon), and there is "true muonium" (not yet seen), a bound state of muon and antimuon.
Renu420
Hi there ppl!
I have a question !
I learned that neutral miuon ( μ0) is made of a quark and his anti quark (can't remember which) which explains it's very little lifetime(around 10-24s if I'm not wrong).
Now i wonder how two particles ,that are meant to destroy each other,form for a little time another particle with it's own characteristics?
Have a nice day!

Physics news on Phys.org
Renu420 said:
I learned that neutral miuon ( μ0) is made of a quark and his anti quark (can't remember which) which explains it's very little lifetime(around 10-24s if I'm not wrong).
There is no particle called "miuon" and no particle with the symbol μ0.

There is a muon (μ- or μ+), it is charged and has a lifetime of microseconds, there is muonium (a bound state of proton and muon), and there is "true muonium" (not yet seen), a bound state of muon and antimuon. None of those are made out of quark plus antiquark, because the muon has nothing to do with quarks.

See the links posted by nikkom for quark/antiquark bound states. They are all very short-living.

Renu420 said:

You learned wrong, I am afraid. There is no such particle.

A meson with lifetime in units of 10-24 s is ρ0.

yes i was talking about the π0 sorry for the confusion!

Quarkonia are mesons, i.e., the bound state of a quark and an antiquark. Usually one talks about "quarkonia" in the case of the heavy-quark case, i.e., charm and bottom bound states like the ##J/\psi## and ##\Upsilon##.

Related to Quark and anti quark neutral particles question

What are quarks and anti-quarks?

Quarks and anti-quarks are subatomic particles that make up protons and neutrons, which in turn make up the nucleus of atoms. They are considered the building blocks of matter.

What is the difference between a quark and an anti-quark?

Quarks and anti-quarks have opposite properties, such as charge, spin, and baryon number. When a quark and an anti-quark combine, they form a meson, which is a type of composite particle.

What are neutral particles?

Neutral particles are particles that have no electric charge. This includes particles like photons, neutrons, and neutrinos.

How are quarks and anti-quarks related to the strong nuclear force?

The strong nuclear force is the force that holds quarks together to form protons and neutrons. Quarks and anti-quarks are bound together by this force, creating stable particles.

Why are quarks and anti-quarks important in particle physics?

Quarks and anti-quarks are important because they are the fundamental building blocks of matter, and their interactions are essential in understanding the structure of the universe. They also play a crucial role in the study of high-energy collisions and the creation of new particles in particle accelerators.