Quark Attraction: Physics Simulator & Gluon Transfer

In summary: However, no quark consequences at the molecule level are known. It is possible that a quark-level simulation would be able to shed light on this matter.
cam875
im writing a physics simulator and now I decided to see about implementing the basic matter not just to atoms but down to the fundamental particles, so to start I am trying to figure out how exactly quarks are attracted, like I know an up and down quark are attracted through electromagnetism and also the colour charge of strong nuclear force by transfering gluons but how do I mathematically calculate that gluon transfer strength and is the reason they group in 3's because of the RGB making them colour neutral or colour balanced.

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
I don't think you realize the complexity of what you are trying to do.
Just to make it clear, no existing computer on Earth can do that today. I order to simulate just a few molecules down to the quark level, one would either need to buy a computer thousands (millions ?) times more powerful than the most powerful computer, or invent new computing methods.

Funny, I spent the holiday reading about lattice QCD. I can today barely pretend to understand what they mean, not even to mention implementing everything by myself.

ahhh lol no no i don't mean the math just i wanted to write a sub program for fun just implementing the way the color works sorry i worded that bad, anyways I am lost to how the color charge works that's why i wanted help with it. Not the math, just want to understand how two up quarks and one down quark can have the three different colours to make it colour neutral to form a nucleon or am i not thinking about it right.

I suddenly realized that there is an interesting point, related to why it would be relevant to perform such a simulation, and what necessary accuracy one should expect. I know that the spin structure of the proton contributes at the ppm level to the hydrogen hyperfine splitting. But does anybody know of a quark consequence at the molecule level ? In any case, I strongly suspect that my "millions times more powerful" might be underestimated.

Proton structure corrections to electronic and muonic hydrogen hyperfine splitting

Related to Quark Attraction: Physics Simulator & Gluon Transfer

1. What is "Quark Attraction: Physics Simulator & Gluon Transfer"?

"Quark Attraction: Physics Simulator & Gluon Transfer" is a physics simulation software that models the behavior of quarks and gluons, the fundamental particles that make up protons and neutrons in atomic nuclei.

2. How does "Quark Attraction" simulate the behavior of quarks and gluons?

The software uses mathematical equations from quantum chromodynamics (QCD) to simulate the strong force that binds quarks together. It also incorporates simulations of the weak and electromagnetic forces.

3. What can "Quark Attraction" teach us about the behavior of subatomic particles?

By simulating the interactions between quarks and gluons, "Quark Attraction" can help us understand the structure and properties of subatomic particles, such as protons and neutrons. It can also help us study phenomena like particle decay and the formation of new particles.

4. Who can benefit from using "Quark Attraction"?

Scientists, researchers, and students in the fields of physics, chemistry, and nuclear science can all benefit from using "Quark Attraction" to better understand the behavior of subatomic particles. It can also be a useful tool for educators to demonstrate complex concepts in a visual and interactive way.

5. Is "Quark Attraction" only for experts in physics?

No, "Quark Attraction" is designed to be user-friendly and accessible to anyone interested in learning about subatomic particles. It includes built-in tutorials and a user-friendly interface, making it suitable for both experts and beginners in the field of physics.