Questing for the unification of mathematics and my intuition

Lao Tzu
How did you find PF?
Google search for: positive infinity negative infinity and zero
Howdy from West Virginia!! If you would have told me 30 years ago that I'd be researching physics and math for fun, I would have said, "Are you high.... and by the way, what is physics?!?" I'm obsessed with all things science, and tickled by all things quantum. I became interested in science and history after leaving the farm, moving to college, and realizing that the religion I was taught seemed inconsistent with the world I saw around me. It took many years of study to gain the knowledge and confidence to continue my research without feeling guilty about questioning what I was taught to be a universally accepted certainty. About 8 years ago I had an undeniable experience that I still can not fully explain. I've heard it described as satori, a glimpse, cosmic consciousness, a spiritual awakening, and several other things. All I can say is, I have not seen, or felt, the universe the same way since. Although that may all sound insane, I continue to consider myself an educated and rational person, and persist in the pursuit of a mathematical model to describe the intuition I gained through my experience that has brought me an inner peace that I never imagined that I could have obtained. I know that the words infinity and zero turn many of you off. My hope is that some of you will humor an old country boy who's still staring up at the stars.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

Next post, try breaking up your LONG paragraph into smaller ones.

Also, just FYI, it's not a good idea to discuss woo woo here on PF --- stick to the educated and rational. :smile:

Likes Lao Tzu
phinds said:
Welcome to the forum.

Next post, try breaking up your LONG paragraph into smaller ones.

Also, just FYI, it's not a good idea to discuss woo woo here on PF --- stick to the educated and rational. :smile:

Thank you! I've read enough on here to see that there is little room for woo woo. To be honest, I have limited patience for it myself. I assure you that any post I would make would be academically based and thread specific. My apologies as I found the Introduction thread to be slightly more forgiving.

Likes Tom.G, PeroK and phinds