What are the Basics of Maths and Physics for a Curious Scientist?

In summary, the basics of maths and physics for a curious scientist involve understanding fundamental concepts and principles such as numbers, equations, and laws of motion. Math provides the language and tools to describe and analyze the physical world, while physics helps us understand the underlying laws and mechanisms that govern it. A curious scientist must also possess critical thinking skills and a strong foundation in algebra and calculus to apply these concepts effectively. Additionally, knowledge of scientific methods and experimental design is crucial for conducting experiments and testing hypotheses in both fields. With a solid grasp of these basics, a curious scientist can continue to explore and uncover the mysteries of the universe.
paulb203
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
Hello. Thanks for having me. I'm Paul, from the UK. I'm interested in physics, and maths, and science generally, but mainly physics, and within that mainly cosmology. I'm maybe around GCSE level regards maths and physics, roughly high school diploma level in the US, according to Google, although I don't have any actual qualifications. I was on here a long time ago but I forgot my username, password etc or re-registered. Looking forward to some good discussions. Cheers.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, welcome back.

Likes paulb203
Thanks, phinds :)