What Is the Correct Calculation for Induced EMF in This Circuit Scenario?

In summary: V1 and V2. In the revised circuit, I replaced the V2.3 resistor with a new one (R3) so that the induced EMF would be superimposed on the original V1.3 voltage. As a result, the current flowing in V1 and V2 will be affected, and the voltage across R1 and R2 will also change.Since the current in V1 and V2 is always changing, the voltage across R1 and R2 will also change. In other words, the voltage across R1 becomes 3.3V+6.6V=11.3V, and the voltage across R
alan123hk
TL;DR Summary
Interesting and seemingly tricky question about induced electromagnetic force
I think the answer to the first question is 3V and the answer to the second question is 6V
Does anyone have a different answer?

Physics news on Phys.org
How come you found this one and not the

PS
seemingly tricky question
seemingly :rolleyes: ?

##\ ##

Likes vanhees71
BvU said:
How come you found this one and not the ...

To be honest, when I started this discussion topic, I didn’t know that another video already showed the answer.

However, Youtube’s artificial intelligence quickly sent this video to my computer screen, I have watched it, but I am sorry, I may be wrong, but I really disagree with the answer provided by the professor, and I just posted my comment below the video.

alan123hk said:
and I just posted my comment below the video.
So how about you post your reasoning here in YOUR thread so that we all don't have to go searching elsewhere

Likes BvU
davenn said:
So how about you post your reasoning here in YOUR thread so that we all don't have to go searching elsewhere

Because everyone has their own reasons and answers, I hope to give everyone time to think in their own way. When they see answers provided by others (not necessarily including the reasoning process), they may reconsider their reasoning. In addition, maybe many people (including myself) are not 100% sure that their answers are correct, so it is understandable that in this case, people may be patient and not rush to tell the details.

But you are also right. On the other hand, no one seems interested in providing answer so far. I might as well talk about my reasoning as follows,

Since the EMF of one loop is equal to 0.3+3=3.3V, the EMF of the two loops is twice, that is 6.6V, so the current of the two turns closed loop is equal to 6.6V/ (1 + 10) ohm = 0.6A, so the voltage across R1 becomes 0.6A*1 ohm = 0.6V , and the voltage across R2 becomes 0.6A * 10 ohms = 6V. :smile:

Last edited:
Close but wrong. On several counts. Sit out the spoiler -- it really is no punishment.

BvU said:
Close but wrong. On several counts.
Thanks for the hint, I got it wrong. Instead of looking at the circuit diagram carefully, I built another circuit structure in my mind for reasoning. :oops:

Take a closer look at the original circuit diagram, the induced EMF of the newly added loop is just superimposed on the original V2.

Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
Likes vanhees71

What is induced EMF?

Induced EMF, or electromotive force, is the voltage generated in a conductor when it is exposed to a changing magnetic field.

How is induced EMF different from regular EMF?

Regular EMF is the voltage produced by a battery or power source, while induced EMF is produced by a changing magnetic field.

What is the formula for calculating induced EMF?

The formula for calculating induced EMF is E = -N dΦ/dt, where E is the induced EMF, N is the number of turns in the coil, and dΦ/dt is the rate of change of magnetic flux.

What factors affect the magnitude of induced EMF?

The magnitude of induced EMF is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the number of turns in the coil, and the rate of change of the magnetic field.

How is induced EMF used in everyday life?

Induced EMF is used in everyday life in various ways, such as in generators to produce electricity, in transformers to change the voltage of electrical systems, and in induction cooktops to heat up cooking pans.