Question about Magnetic induction of circular loop

In summary, the conversation is about solving a problem involving the derivative of a variable with respect to another variable. The person is struggling with finding the correct approach for part (b) and is unsure about the accuracy of their solution for part (2). There is also a discussion about the properties of the curl of B and how it relates to finding the partial derivative of B with respect to y at a specific point. The conversation ends with a question about whether By is always zero on the z axis.
BREAD

Homework Statement

upload_2017-3-13_10-24-50.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

KakaoTalk_20170313_102610943.jpg

This is what i did about (a)
but i don't know how to approach (b), it doesn't have x,y components, only Bz component.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think your answer to a is right - not expert in this area.
For b, a dependent variable being zero at some value of the independent variable does not imply that its derivative is also zero there.
I suggest working on b2, returning to b1 afterwards.

upload_2017-3-13_20-40-17.png

I think i solve (1), but the problem is (2),(3)

BREAD said:
I think i solve (1)
And very neatly too.
BREAD said:
the problem is (2),(3)
These are easy. Fundamental differential calculus: f(x+Δx)≈f(x)+f'(x)Δx.

haruspex said:
And very neatly too.

These are easy. Fundamental differential calculus: f(x+Δx)≈f(x)+f'(x)Δx.
====================================================

upload_2017-3-14_8-25-16.png

I tried it , but is (2) right? and idw how to get ∂(B_z)/∂y|_(0, 0, z). I heard somewhere that by properties of curl of B (as i wrote)
∂(B_z)/∂y|_(0, 0, z) is changed to ∂(B_y)/∂z|_(0, 0, z), but i can't solve this.

BREAD said:
====================================================

View attachment 114508

I tried it , but is (2) right? and idw how to get ∂(B_z)/∂y|_(0, 0, z). I heard somewhere that by properties of curl of B (as i wrote)
∂(B_z)/∂y|_(0, 0, z) is changed to ∂(B_y)/∂z|_(0, 0, z), but i can't solve this.
Isn't By identically zero on the z axis?

Related to Question about Magnetic induction of circular loop

1. What is magnetic induction?

Magnetic induction is the process by which a magnetic field is created in a material, such as a circular loop, when it is placed in the presence of a changing magnetic field.

2. How does a circular loop produce a magnetic field?

A circular loop produces a magnetic field when an electric current is passed through it. The moving electrons in the current create a magnetic field, which can be enhanced by the shape of the loop.

3. What factors affect the strength of the magnetic field produced by a circular loop?

The strength of the magnetic field produced by a circular loop depends on the current flowing through the loop, the number of turns in the loop, and the size and shape of the loop.

4. How is the direction of the magnetic field determined in a circular loop?

The direction of the magnetic field in a circular loop is determined by the right-hand rule. If you point your thumb in the direction of the current flow, the direction of your fingers curling around the loop will indicate the direction of the magnetic field.

5. What are some practical applications of magnetic induction in circular loops?

Magnetic induction in circular loops is used in a variety of applications, such as generators, transformers, and electromagnets. It is also used in wireless charging and magnetic levitation technology.