Questions about Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle & Vacuum Energy

• Thread starter zoque999
  • Start date
In summary: The uncertainty principle states that the standard deviation of the position of a particle over a period of time is larger than the allowed uncertainty in that position.
zoque999 said:
hello, registered just to ask this questions and "if possible" i want philosophical, descriptive, or, "made of words" answers since i don't really know much about physics.

1. Heisenberg and his uncertainty principle; i see a problem there. he says, to see where is the electron, you have to use photons, right? and that gives "unnatural" results, as photon affects electrons (tell me if I'm wrong) BUT, then, if I'm right, we are under constant photon bombardment... so, even if we can measure where this electron is without photons, it will be still unnatural it seems to me... or, there's no natural at all to begin with... so, what do you think about this?

2. vacuum energy. can't we put this in the very beginning instead of little big bang thing better? or, can we say, big bang was "in" vacuum energy? since this vacuum energy thing present even in devoid of matter? and then, can't we say, there was never nothingness, as in, big bang and whatever "surrounds" it? cause, if there are quantum fluctations then i say there's something. simply, putting something in the beginning doesn't help. they still ask you what was there before it, who put it there and stuff like that. i need an omnipresent thing like god too. or maybe i don't, why then?

re: to Bold

I would just add that there is a theoretical "Primordial Vacuum" referred to in BB cosmology; this is not the same Vacuum as described in QM as far as I know. Talking about the "energy" of such a 'thing' is meaningless, vs fields being quantized at every point. It would be as useful to talk about a vacuum vs. a vacuum cleaner.