Questions about solving DE with TI calculators

In summary, to enter a differential equation into your TI calculator, use the "d/dx" button located on the right side of the keypad. The syntax for solving a differential equation is "d/dx(y)=equation" and then pressing the "enter" button. You can also solve a system of differential equations on your TI calculator using the "solve(" function. To graph the solution to a differential equation, use the "y=" function and the "d/dx" button, then press "graph." Your TI calculator can also solve higher-order differential equations, but it is important to check the results with another method as it may not be able to solve all equations.
MPKU
Just curious if anyone here know if TI (CAS, or n-Spire, or whatever) solves differential equations.

Is it easy / show steps?

Can they solve Bernoulli, homogenous, and find particular or general solutions (in terms of e and such)?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The Nspire's and the 89 can solve DE's, probably just the basic, standard DE's. Check out their manuals to see how to use them to solve DE's. I should point out that WolframAlpha can solve DE's as well.

1. How do I enter a differential equation into my TI calculator?

To enter a differential equation into your TI calculator, you will need to use the "d/dx" button. This button is located on the right side of the calculator keypad and is used to represent the derivative. For example, if your differential equation is dy/dx = 2x, you would enter "d/dx(y)=2x" into your calculator.

2. What is the syntax for solving a differential equation on a TI calculator?

The syntax for solving a differential equation on a TI calculator is as follows: "d/dx(y)=equation" and then press the "enter" button. This will prompt the calculator to solve the differential equation.

3. Can I solve a system of differential equations on my TI calculator?

Yes, you can solve a system of differential equations on your TI calculator using the "d/dx" function. You will need to enter each equation separately and use the "solve(" function to solve for the variables.

4. How do I graph the solution to a differential equation on my TI calculator?

To graph the solution to a differential equation on your TI calculator, you will need to use the "y=" function and enter the equation using the "d/dx" button. Then, press the "graph" button to see the graph of the solution.

5. Can I use my TI calculator to solve higher-order differential equations?

Yes, you can use your TI calculator to solve higher-order differential equations by entering the equation in the "d/dx" format. However, the calculator may not be able to solve all higher-order differential equations, so it is important to check the results with another method.