Rabbit TV: A USB Device for Free TV Channels?

• Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Device Usb
In summary, the Rabbit TV is a scam that promises you thousands of free TV channels, but in reality only points you to websites with video. The Roku player is cheaper and has more channels.
DiracPool
I just acquired this magic jack looking device called Rabbit TV

https://www.rabbittv.com/

Its a USB device that you plug into your laptop that's supposed to get you thousands of free TV channels. I read some online reviews that didn't look so hot. So I don't want to plug it in until I do more research.

Anybody have one of these and care to comment?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you bought it, you've been ripped off.

A: It's a big-time scam. All Rabbit TV does is point you to websites that have video. And, with rare exceptions for breaking news, the big U.S. networks don't show live programming on the Internet. Ditto for ESPN, Disney and other top cable networks. With Rabbit TV, live streaming is limited to small local stations, religious and shopping channels. Repeat: There is nothing on Rabbit TV that you can't get by entering a URL into your browser.
In fact, you can get the same experience that Rabbit TV provides by going to wwitv.com. That's World Wide Internet Television, which, like Rabbit TV, has a clickable menu for accessing websites of global TV stations that show live and recorded programming.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/co...s-links-to-websites-4209833.php#ixzz2S3raVb6i

I know my Roku player has lots of free TV station channels. I enjoy streaming live Al Jazeera. The Roku is like $50 though.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I know my Roku player has lots of free TV station channels. I enjoy streaming live Al Jazeera. The Roku is like $50 though.

I got the Roku too, its great. I use it for netflix though. How do you get the free TV stations.

If you bought it, you've been ripped off.

I bought it from Walgreens but it hasn't been opened yet, so I'm going to take it back and use the money to buy some tabloids so I can catch up on how Snookie and the "situation" are getting along.

Related to Rabbit TV: A USB Device for Free TV Channels?

1. What is Rabbit TV and how does it work?

Rabbit TV is a USB device that allows users to access free TV channels on their computer or laptop. It works by connecting the device to a USB port and then using the accompanying software to access a variety of streaming channels.

2. How many channels are available on Rabbit TV?

There are over 5000 channels available on Rabbit TV, including popular networks like ABC, NBC, and Fox, as well as international channels and niche channels for sports, news, and entertainment.

3. Is Rabbit TV really free?

While the device itself may have a small cost, there are no monthly subscription fees or hidden charges for using Rabbit TV. However, some channels may require a separate subscription or payment for access to their content.

4. Can I record shows on Rabbit TV?

No, Rabbit TV does not have a recording feature. It is primarily designed for streaming live TV channels and does not have the capability to record or save shows for later viewing.

5. Is Rabbit TV compatible with all devices?

Rabbit TV is compatible with most computers and laptops that have a USB port. However, it may not work with mobile devices or smart TVs. It is recommended to check the device's compatibility before purchasing.