Re-Learning AutoCAD 2004: What Are the Best Books?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of AutoCAD, specifically the differences between versions 14 and 2004. The individual is seeking recommendations for books that can help them re-learn the program, particularly how to set up a 4 view system without making mistakes. A suggested book is "AutoCAD 2004: A Problem Solving Approach" by Sham Tickoo, which covers both basic and advanced concepts.
VSCCEGR
I have had a couple of CAD classes, but that was 3 yr. ago using AutoCAD 14.
I have recently borrowed a copy of AutoCAD 2004 and i have noticed that, from what i can remember, a lot of the menues and where they lead have changed. My question is what are the better books for re-learning AutoCAD especially version 2004. May be even ones that would teach me something new. My biggest problem is remembering how to set up a 4 view system with a front, top, side, and an Iso. view without screwing up my boarder. But anyway, advice on books would be great.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd have to recommend Autocad 2004: A Problem Solving Approach by Sham Tickoo. I used that book in my Engineering Drawing class last year and it explains everything from the basics to advanced 3D drawing.

First of all, congratulations on taking the initiative to re-learn AutoCAD 2004 and improve your skills in this software. As you have noticed, there have been changes and updates in the menus and features since the version you were previously familiar with. This is why it's important to find the right resources to help you re-learn and update your knowledge.

There are several great books available that can help you with re-learning AutoCAD 2004. Some popular options include "Mastering AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004" by George Omura, "AutoCAD 2004 for Dummies" by Mark Middlebrook and Bud Smith, and "AutoCAD 2004 Bible" by Ellen Finkelstein and Lee Ambrosius. These books cover a wide range of topics and can help you refresh your memory on basic commands and functions, as well as introduce you to new features and techniques.

Additionally, there are many online resources available that can also assist you in re-learning AutoCAD 2004. Websites like Autodesk Knowledge Network and AutoCAD Tips Blog offer tutorials, tips, and tricks for using the software. You can also find video tutorials on YouTube and other online learning platforms.

In terms of your specific concern about setting up a 4 view system without messing up your border, the best way to approach this is by practicing and experimenting with the software. You can also refer to the user manual or help section within AutoCAD 2004 for step-by-step instructions.

Overall, the key to re-learning AutoCAD 2004 is to find a combination of resources that work best for you. Whether it's books, online tutorials, or hands-on practice, the more you use the software, the more comfortable you will become with it. Good luck on your journey to re-learning AutoCAD 2004!

What is AutoCAD 2004?

AutoCAD 2004 is a computer-aided design (CAD) software developed by Autodesk. It is used for creating and editing 2D and 3D designs, as well as drafting and technical drawing.

Why is it important to re-learn AutoCAD 2004?

Re-learning AutoCAD 2004 can be beneficial for individuals who have previously used older versions of the software and need to update their skills. It can also be useful for those who are transitioning from other CAD software and want to familiarize themselves with AutoCAD 2004.

What are the best books for re-learning AutoCAD 2004?

Some of the best books for re-learning AutoCAD 2004 include "AutoCAD 2004 for Dummies" by Mark Middlebrook, "Mastering AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004" by George Omura, and "AutoCAD 2004 Bible" by Ellen Finkelstein.

What topics are covered in books about AutoCAD 2004?

Books about AutoCAD 2004 cover a wide range of topics, including basic and advanced tools and techniques, 2D and 3D drawing, rendering and visualization, customization, and collaboration. They also include exercises and examples to help readers apply what they have learned.

Are there any online resources for re-learning AutoCAD 2004?

Yes, there are many online resources available for re-learning AutoCAD 2004, such as video tutorials, forums, and blogs. Some reputable websites include Autodesk's official AutoCAD 2004 support page, CAD Tutor, and CAD Notes.