Read This Hilarious Take on Stupid Drivers | The Onion News

• Thread starter njblaha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, during a conversation about bad drivers and a link to a funny article, one person mentions the concept of the Darwin award and a humorous news article about a new species of primate found in the Amazon that is also delicious. The conversation also touches on the topic of driving skills and evolution.
njblaha
I don't really know where else to put this link but everyone needs to read it.It is hilarious.

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4121&n=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
that is hilarious..

On the other hand he may not score high enough to get himself nominated for the Darwin award

OMG he killed a inflatable doll! I hope they throw the book at him!

But on the social science side of driving{anthropology} I'm wondering if anyone else has seen entire families of bad drivers?
I know of several, and wonder if evolution will kick in driving skills at some point

Speaking of "Stupid drivers" I love when someone waits to make their right turn in the same direction you're going, to take off right when you are right behind them, rather than sooner like 5 seconds ago, just so you have to slam on your brakes anyway. Or when they wait until you are within 40 yards, just to take off THEN for their left turn in front of you, even though you are the ONLY oncoming traffic.. Or when two cars go exactly the same speed, on a 2-lane highway only changing positions enough to not allow passing in either lane, at 7 m.p.h under the speed limit!

Uh, it is posted in The Onion. They write their own news. Browse around.

For example, in other news:

New, Delicious Species Discovered
MANAUS, BRAZIL—An international team of scientists conducting research in the Amazon River Basin announced the discovery of a formerly unknown primate species inhabiting a remote jungle area roughly 300 miles from Manaus Monday. According to scientists in Manaus, the new species, Ateles saporis, is "an amazing biological find" and "incredibly delectable."

1. Why do some drivers act so stupid on the road?

There are many factors that can contribute to a driver's behavior on the road, such as distractions, lack of experience, or simply making poor decisions. Additionally, some drivers may have underlying medical conditions or may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can impair their judgment and driving abilities.

2. Are there certain demographics that are more likely to be "stupid drivers"?

While it is difficult to generalize, data has shown that younger and inexperienced drivers, as well as elderly drivers, may be more prone to making mistakes on the road. However, it is important to note that driving abilities and behavior can vary greatly among individuals of any age or demographic.

3. How can we prevent accidents caused by "stupid drivers"?

One of the most effective ways to prevent accidents caused by "stupid drivers" is through education and awareness. This can include driver's education courses, stricter laws and penalties for reckless driving, and campaigns promoting safe driving habits. Additionally, implementing technology such as autonomous emergency braking and lane departure warning systems in vehicles can also help prevent accidents.

4. Is there a difference between being a "stupid driver" and being an aggressive driver?

While there is some overlap, being an aggressive driver typically involves intentional and aggressive behavior, such as tailgating, speeding, or road rage. On the other hand, a "stupid driver" may simply make poor decisions or lack the necessary skills to drive safely. Both types of behavior can be dangerous on the road and should be avoided.

5. What can I do if I encounter a "stupid driver" on the road?

The best course of action when encountering a "stupid driver" is to try to maintain a safe distance and avoid any confrontations. It is also important to practice defensive driving and be alert for any potential hazards. If the driver's behavior becomes dangerous, it is important to contact the authorities and report the incident.