Real 3D Image produced by concave lens

In summary, using a ray diagram, it was determined that the correct image produced by the concave lens is smaller, upright, and virtual. The object should be placed between F and 2F, and the arrow head should be closer to the lens. The answer is B. The image being discussed is for a convex lens.
Knightycloud

Homework Statement

Find the correct image produced by the concave lens. F is focal length.

Homework Equations

If an object is placed between F and 2F, the image will be inverted, real, larger and beyond 2F.

The Attempt at a Solution

I choose the answer A. Is it correct?

*Please refer attachments. Thanks!

Attachments

• Lense.JPG
    Lense.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 462
  • Lense Ans.JPG
    Lense Ans.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 452
Physics news on Phys.org
Use a ray diagram to resolve this problem. The arrow head of the object is closer to the lens.

Likes 1 person
Thanks, the answer is B. I marked it wrong anyway! :/

My ray diagram suggests neither are correct?

Sorry, I think the image makes a little fuzzy. That arrow curve is perpendicular to the axis. In this image it looks it's headed towards i see.

The image is smaller, upright and virtual.

Attachments

• concave lens ray diagram.jpg
    concave lens ray diagram.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 511
My bad. It's a convex lens :( Sorry, now only noticed.
Basic_Physics
I think now you can get it correct. Thanks for the support. :) It was in my exam paper and I chose the wrong one anyway! :(

Related to Real 3D Image produced by concave lens

1. How does a concave lens produce a real 3D image?

A concave lens produces a real 3D image by refracting light rays in a way that they converge and meet at a specific point, creating an inverted and magnified image. This happens because the lens is thinner at the center and thicker at the edges, causing the light rays to bend outwards.

2. What factors affect the size and clarity of a real 3D image produced by a concave lens?

The size and clarity of a real 3D image produced by a concave lens can be affected by several factors, including the curvature and thickness of the lens, the distance between the object and the lens, and the distance between the lens and the image.

3. Can a concave lens produce a real 3D image without any other equipment?

No, a concave lens cannot produce a real 3D image without any other equipment. It needs a light source, an object to be viewed, and a screen or surface for the image to be projected onto. Without these elements, the lens will simply refract light and not produce a focused image.

4. How does the focal length of a concave lens affect the real 3D image it produces?

The focal length of a concave lens is a crucial factor in determining the size and clarity of the real 3D image it produces. A shorter focal length will result in a smaller and more magnified image, while a longer focal length will produce a larger and less magnified image.

5. Can a concave lens produce a real 3D image of objects at varying distances?

Yes, a concave lens can produce a real 3D image of objects at varying distances. However, the lens will need to be adjusted or replaced with one of a different focal length in order to produce a clear and focused image at different distances.