Recent PGRE Exams: Practice After 2014

In summary, there are no recent PGRE exams available online for practice after 2014. However, someone who took the exam in 2015 mentioned that the questions were very similar to the more recent available ones. They also suggest using a sample test book for additional practice.
Phys12
Are there any recent (after 2014) PGRE exams available online for practice?

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately no :( If it helps, I took it in 2015 and the questions were extremely similar to the more recent available ones.

Dishsoap said:
the questions were extremely similar to the more recent available ones.
It does help a lot, haha, thank you! In that case, considering how little time I have left (I've only been able to go through the Conquering the Physics GRE's back of the section problems, in addition to reading the chapters, twice), I may only do past years' exams and the sample ones released by ETS before the test. Thanks!

You might want to try that book's sample tests in the back of the book as well. They're a little bit harder than the pGRE but it is still good practice, in my opinion.

Likes Phys12

1. What is the PGRE exam and why is it important for scientists?

The PGRE (Physics GRE) exam is a standardized test that measures a student's knowledge and understanding of physics concepts. It is important for scientists because it is often required for admission into graduate programs in physics and related fields.

2. When was the most recent PGRE exam and what changes were made?

The most recent PGRE exam was administered in 2014. The major changes made to the exam were the removal of the experimental section and the addition of new topics, such as modern physics and statistical mechanics.

3. How can I prepare for the PGRE exam?

There are several ways to prepare for the PGRE exam, including studying physics concepts, reviewing practice exams, and taking a prep course. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the format and timing of the exam.

4. Are there any resources available for practicing for the PGRE exam?

Yes, there are many resources available for practicing for the PGRE exam. Some examples include official practice exams from the Educational Testing Service (ETS), review books, and online practice tests and questions.

5. How important is the PGRE score for graduate school admissions?

The importance of the PGRE score for graduate school admissions varies by institution. Some schools place a high emphasis on the score, while others consider it as just one aspect of a student's application. It is important to research the specific requirements of the schools you are applying to.