Recognize these inrush current limiting devices?

phyzguy
Science Advisor
TL;DR Summary
Help me recognize these inrush current limiting devices
I have a circuit board, and one of these inrush current limiting devices (yellow arrows) has failed. Does anyone recognize them? Failing that, does anyone recognize the logo that looks like a letter V and an upside down V superimposed? I have searched in several places, but have been unable to identify them.
CSAT3B_board.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
phyzguy said:
TL;DR Summary: Help me recognize these inrush current limiting devices

I have searched in several places, but have been unable to identify them
Perhaps clamping diode ie a TVS ( transient voltage suppression ) .
the 103 could mean 1000 watts but that's a guess.

• Informative
Likes cnh1995, phyzguy, Borek and 2 others

1. What are inrush current limiting devices?

Inrush current limiting devices, also known as ICLDs, are electronic devices that are designed to limit the high current that flows into a circuit when it is turned on. This high current, known as inrush current, can cause damage to the components of the circuit and can also lead to power surges.

2. How do inrush current limiting devices work?

Inrush current limiting devices work by using a combination of resistors, capacitors, and other electronic components to gradually allow the current to flow into the circuit. This gradual increase in current helps to prevent sudden spikes and surges that can damage the circuit.

3. What are the benefits of using inrush current limiting devices?

The main benefit of using inrush current limiting devices is that they protect the components of a circuit from damage caused by high inrush currents. They also help to prevent power surges, which can be dangerous and can damage sensitive equipment.

4. Where are inrush current limiting devices commonly used?

Inrush current limiting devices are commonly used in electronic devices that have a high power demand, such as power supplies, motors, and transformers. They are also used in industrial equipment, medical equipment, and other applications where sudden power surges can be detrimental.

5. Are there different types of inrush current limiting devices?

Yes, there are various types of inrush current limiting devices, including thermistors, NTC thermistors, and current limiting resistors. Each type has its own unique characteristics and is suitable for different applications. It is important to choose the right type of ICLD for a specific circuit to ensure proper protection.