Recommended Physics Books for Beginners with Basic Mathematics Knowledge

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a good physics book or combination of books that explains concepts from the basics to university level in easy language. The person is hoping to find an e-book version and preferably for free. A suggestion is given for a new book with only problems and a question is asked about the person's level of mathematics knowledge.
Rectifier
Gold Member
Hello there!
I am searching for a good Physics book (or perhaps a combination of multiple) that does not jump over a lot of steps and explains everything (or at least a lot of it) from 0 up to University-level in easy language.

Kudos if

there is an e-book version
free

Physics news on Phys.org
Rectifier said:
Hello there!
I am searching for a good Physics book (or perhaps a combination of multiple) that does not jump over a lot of steps and explains everything (or at least a lot of it) from 0 up to University-level in easy language.

Kudos if

free
https://t.co/J2iuxl1roS : this is new one i found... only problems

Rectifier said:
Hello there!

Kudos if

free
What level of mathematics do you know? Algebra? Calculus?

Related to Recommended Physics Books for Beginners with Basic Mathematics Knowledge

1. What is the best physics book for a beginner?

It ultimately depends on the individual's learning style and level of understanding. Some popular options for beginners include "Concepts of Physics" by HC Verma, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker, and "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman.

2. Do I need to have a strong math background to understand a physics book for beginners?

Having a basic understanding of algebra and geometry is helpful in understanding the concepts presented in a physics book. However, many beginner physics books include a review of necessary mathematical concepts.

3. Can I learn physics from a book without any hands-on experimentation?

While hands-on experimentation is an important aspect of learning physics, it is possible to gain a basic understanding of the subject through a book. However, it is recommended to supplement book learning with practical experiments to fully grasp the concepts.

4. Is it necessary to read a physics book from cover to cover?

No, it is not necessary to read a physics book in a linear fashion. Depending on the book's structure, it may be possible to skip around and focus on specific topics or chapters that are of interest or relevance to the reader.

5. How do I know if a physics book is suitable for beginners?

One way to determine if a physics book is suitable for beginners is to look at its intended audience or recommended reading level. Additionally, reading reviews or asking for recommendations from other beginners or experts in the field can help in choosing a suitable book.