Redox Titration Help [Calculations]

In summary, the conversation is about a person needing help with a chemical practical involving redox titration between h2o2 and KMnO4. They are specifically looking for a specimen calculation to determine the concentration of h2o2 and need assistance with converting dm3 to liters.
Kevlarji
I have a chemical practical coming up in a few weeks time and need help sussing out some questions. I know that the practical will be on redox titration between h2o2 and KMnO4, I wanted to know how I could determing the concentration of h2o2. Could someone run through a specimen calculation preffered in dm3/cm3 as i seen most people post in Litres on the forums thankyou.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
1 dm3 = 1 liter.

Multiply the answer in dm3 by 1 to convert to liters...

Oh! 1 dm3 = 1000 cm3

You'll have to help me with that conversion to liters.

Kevlarji said:
I wanted to know how I could determing the concentration of h2o2.

First things first - you will need reaction equation.

Related to Redox Titration Help [Calculations]

1. What is redox titration?

Redox titration is a laboratory technique used to determine the amount of a substance present in a sample through a chemical reaction between an oxidizing agent and a reducing agent. This type of titration is based on the transfer of electrons between the two reacting species.

2. How is redox titration performed?

Redox titration is performed by adding a known volume of an oxidizing agent to a sample containing a reducing agent, and then measuring the amount of unreacted oxidizing agent using a titrant. The volume of titrant needed to reach the endpoint is used to calculate the concentration of the reducing agent in the original sample.

3. What are the key calculations involved in redox titration?

The key calculations involved in redox titration include determining the equivalence point (the point at which the amount of oxidizing agent is equal to the amount of reducing agent), calculating the concentration of the titrant, and determining the molar ratio between the oxidizing and reducing agents.

4. What are some common errors in redox titration calculations?

Some common errors in redox titration calculations include incorrect measurements of volume or concentration, failure to reach the endpoint, and incomplete reactions. It is important to carefully measure and record all data, and to repeat the titration multiple times to ensure accuracy.

5. What are some applications of redox titration in scientific research?

Redox titration is commonly used in analytical chemistry to determine the concentration of various substances in a sample, such as determining the amount of vitamin C in a food sample. It is also used in environmental monitoring to measure the levels of pollutants in water samples. In biological research, redox titration can be used to study enzymatic reactions and oxidative stress in cells.