Reference force apply in Ansys workbench

In summary, to apply force to a padeye without modeling it in calculations, you can use a virtual load on a connected node. This will transfer the force or moment to the padeye without taking into account its characteristics.
smallgo
Dear Sirs,
when i lifting, i want to check the strength of structure, but i don't want to check padeye, because it's standard, but i must model padeye to apply force, so how can i apply force to padeye, but padeye just a reference body for my calculation, anyone help me pls, thank you so much
2017d12094e6-2f8d-44fc-aa2b-c9e295b22073.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
One way to apply force to a padeye without having to model it in your calculations is to use a virtual load. This can be done by applying a force or moment to a node that is connected to the padeye but does not take into account any of its characteristics. The force or moment should then be transferred to the padeye, allowing you to apply the necessary external load to the structure without having to model the padeye itself.

1. What is a reference force in Ansys Workbench?

A reference force in Ansys Workbench is a specified force that is applied to a specific location or set of locations in a model. It is used to simulate external forces acting on a model, such as gravity or applied loads.

2. How do I apply a reference force in Ansys Workbench?

To apply a reference force in Ansys Workbench, go to the "Model" tab and select "Mechanical" from the drop-down menu. Then, go to the "Analysis Settings" section and click on "Reference Geometry." From there, you can select the desired geometry and apply a reference force to it.

3. Can I apply multiple reference forces in Ansys Workbench?

Yes, you can apply multiple reference forces in Ansys Workbench. To do so, simply select the desired locations and specify the force values for each location. You can also specify different directions for the forces, allowing for more complex load configurations.

4. How do I edit or change a reference force in Ansys Workbench?

To edit or change a reference force in Ansys Workbench, go to the "Model" tab and select "Mechanical" from the drop-down menu. Then, go to the "Analysis Settings" section and click on "Reference Geometry." From there, you can select the reference force you want to edit and make any necessary changes to its properties.

5. Can I apply a reference force to only certain elements in a model?

Yes, you can apply a reference force to only certain elements in a model. To do so, you can use the "Named Selection" feature in Ansys Workbench to select the specific elements you want the reference force to be applied to. Then, when applying the reference force, make sure to select the named selection instead of the entire model.