Measure angle in Ansys Workbench

In summary, to make a rotation using angle in Ansys Workbench, you can create a local coordinate system, specify the rotation angle, apply the rotation, and use the coordinate system in your simulation. There are also tutorials and videos available on YouTube for further guidance.
nazminash
Hello,

I want to ask how I want to make a rotation using angle in Ansys Workbench ? I already read some suggestions that it can be done by using local coordinate system but unfortunately I can't done it right. Is there any youtube video or tutorials that I can refer ?

I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for your question. To make a rotation using angle in Ansys Workbench, you can follow these steps:

1. Create a coordinate system: In the Design Modeler, go to the Coordinate Systems tab and create a new coordinate system. Choose "Local Coordinate System" and specify the origin and orientation of the coordinate system.

2. Define the rotation angle: In the Details View, under the "Orientation" section, set the rotation angle to the desired value.

3. Apply the rotation: In the Details View, under the "Orientation" section, click on the "Apply" button to apply the rotation to the coordinate system.

4. Use the coordinate system in your simulation: In the Workbench project schematic, drag and drop the coordinate system onto the desired component or geometry. This will apply the rotation to that component.

There are also many tutorials and videos available on YouTube that can guide you through this process. You can search for "Ansys Workbench rotation using angle" to find relevant tutorials and videos.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

What is "Measure angle" in Ansys Workbench?

"Measure angle" in Ansys Workbench is a tool that allows you to calculate the angle between two selected lines or edges in a model. It is useful for analyzing the orientation and alignment of different components in a design.

How do I access the "Measure angle" tool in Ansys Workbench?

The "Measure angle" tool can be found in the "Tools" menu in the Ansys Workbench interface. You can also access it by right-clicking on a line or edge in your model and selecting "Measure angle" from the drop-down menu.

Can I measure angles in 3D models using Ansys Workbench?

Yes, the "Measure angle" tool in Ansys Workbench can be used to measure angles in both 2D and 3D models. The tool will automatically adjust to the dimensionality of your model.

What units are used to display the angle measurement in Ansys Workbench?

The default unit for angle measurement in Ansys Workbench is degrees. However, you can change the unit to radians or other units of angle by right-clicking on the measurement and selecting "Unit Options" from the drop-down menu.

Can I use the "Measure angle" tool to measure angles between surfaces in Ansys Workbench?

No, the "Measure angle" tool in Ansys Workbench can only measure angles between lines or edges. To measure angles between surfaces, you will need to use other tools such as the "Measure Distance" tool.