Relation for the thermodynamic and transport properties of Methanol

In summary, the thermodynamic property of methanol is its ability to transfer energy during physical or chemical processes, and it is directly related to its transport properties such as diffusion, viscosity, and thermal conductivity. These properties are significant in industrial processes, as they can impact efficiency, safety, and environmental impact. Temperature and pressure also have a significant influence on the thermodynamic and transport properties of methanol, affecting its enthalpy, entropy, and other properties. Impurities in methanol can also alter its properties, making it important to control for them in industrial and fuel/solvent applications.
Kartik Paghdal
TL;DR Summary
Is there any correlation to find the thermodynamic and transport properties of methanol with respect to temperature?
I need to find the properties such as specific heat capacity, thermal conductivity, density and others.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

1582729484500.png

Thanks everyone for the precious reply.
As i am working on simulink, I need references or guidance for relation fromula to find the thermodynamic and transport properties. As I can not refer the online available datas everytime when I am simulating.
Thanks in advance.

1. What is the chemical formula for Methanol?

Methanol has the chemical formula CH3OH, with one carbon atom, four hydrogen atoms, and one oxygen atom.

2. How does temperature affect the thermodynamic properties of Methanol?

As temperature increases, the thermodynamic properties of Methanol, such as its heat capacity and enthalpy, also increase. This is due to the increased molecular motion and energy at higher temperatures.

3. What is the relationship between the density and viscosity of Methanol?

Density and viscosity are inversely related in Methanol. As the density of Methanol increases, its viscosity decreases, and vice versa.

4. How do the transport properties of Methanol compare to other alcohols?

Methanol has lower transport properties, such as thermal conductivity and diffusivity, compared to other alcohols. This is due to its smaller molecular size and weaker intermolecular forces.

5. Can Methanol be used as a refrigerant?

Yes, Methanol can be used as a refrigerant in certain applications. It has a low boiling point and high latent heat of vaporization, making it useful for refrigeration processes. However, it is toxic and flammable, so proper safety precautions must be taken when using it as a refrigerant.