Resources for programming math solvers in Python

In summary, the conversation was about resources for learning to plot and solve differential equations and other math topics in Python. The anaconda python distribution with ipython notebook and bundled numpy numerical computing packages was mentioned, as well as the processing IDE with python mode and supporting libraries. The person was also looking for resources to learn how to properly use Anaconda for school. A suggestion was made to check out the tutorial for learning ipython notebook and another tool called SageMath, which is an open source tool that builds on other open source tools for math.
scoopaloop
Hi, I was just wondering if there were any good resources/sites for learning to plot and solve differential equations and any other math for that matter, specifically in Python? The physics program at ASU is great but we aren't really given any class time to learn how to program, it's all on our own, so I'm trying to get caught up over the break. I've done the basics on code academy, but it's not really math heavy. Thanks guys.

Technology news on Phys.org
There is the anaconda python distribution with ipython notebook and bundled numpy numerical computing packages. Also supports julia and plotting.

Then there's the processing IDE which a python mode and supporting libs for numierical computing and plotting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean I have Anaconda, but I'm looking for resources that will help me learn how to use it properly to plot and do other things I may need for school, if those exist.

Likes mheslep

Related to Resources for programming math solvers in Python

1. What are some popular resources for learning how to program math solvers in Python?

Some popular resources for learning how to program math solvers in Python include online tutorials, textbooks, and coding bootcamps. Additionally, there are many forums and online communities where programmers share tips and resources for programming math solvers in Python.

2. Are there any specific libraries or modules in Python that are useful for programming math solvers?

Yes, there are many libraries and modules in Python that are specifically designed for mathematical operations and calculations. Some popular ones include NumPy, SciPy, and SymPy. These libraries have built-in functions and methods that make it easier to perform complex mathematical tasks in Python.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with my math solver program in Python?

If you are experiencing issues with your math solver program in Python, the first step is to carefully review your code and check for any errors or bugs. You can also try using a debugging tool to step through your code and identify any issues. Additionally, searching online forums and communities for similar issues and solutions can also be helpful.

4. Are there any online courses or tutorials specifically for programming math solvers in Python?

Yes, there are many online courses and tutorials that focus on teaching how to program math solvers in Python. These resources may be free or paid and can range from beginner to advanced level. Some popular platforms for these types of courses include Udemy, Coursera, and Codecademy.

5. Can I use Python to create math solvers for any type of mathematical problem?

Yes, Python is a versatile programming language and can be used to create math solvers for a wide range of mathematical problems. However, the complexity and efficiency of your program may depend on the specific problem and your coding skills. It is always recommended to thoroughly research and plan your approach before attempting to create a math solver in Python.