Troubleshooting Pycharm Crashes | Best Programs for Running Python Code

• MHB
  • Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a person's laptop problems and what they recommend to do to fix them. The person talks about how VS Code is better than PyCharm and how it doesn't have any problems.
shivajikobardan
https://pastebin.com/ADHtMRdr
this is crash.txt report.

My laptop is 1 TB HDD
8 GB RAM
No ssd
My general laptop usage is heavy.

1) I am using it alone, without using other programs-> pycharm still gets crashed
2) I use discord for streaming in study with me discord=> it still gets crashed.
No matter whatever I do, it keeps getting crashed.

What to do?
Is there good program to run python code?
There is vs code but it shows that terminal code which is annoying to me. Is there a way to remove those cmd codes there and just see the output.

Sublime text doesn't take cares of indentation I hate that. I tried learning python at first from ST and it killed my motivation for learning python. Pycharm is great but it keeps getting crashed. :(

Technology news on Phys.org
PyCharm is great but it's a pretty intense program meant for professional developers. Based on what you've shared I would not recommend you use it. I love VS Code for Python. What is the output you see that you are trying to remove?

Jameson said:
PyCharm is great but it's a pretty intense program meant for professional developers. Based on what you've shared I would not recommend you use it. I love VS Code for Python. What is the output you see that you are trying to remove?
someone got that..and helped me. I was trying to hide that terminal output that comes like C;/users...cd...bla bla..
I think I should go with VS code. But loved pycharm..looks like that's meant for high end laptops...
1643638807952.png

I have opened it for an hour. It hasn't restarted till now..so ig it's good.

Awesome! You can customize so much about VS Code, one of the many reasons I like it for Python work.

Jameson said:
Awesome! You can customize so much about VS Code, one of the many reasons I like it for Python work.
agreed...i didn't know about that earlier and avoided it.

My recommendation: some of the newer version of MyCharm retrogressed with performance, particularly in the debugger. Try an older version of PyCharm, such as 2018.1, and see if that still crashes.

1. What could be causing Pycharm to crash?

There are several potential reasons for Pycharm to crash, including inadequate system resources, conflicts with other programs, or corrupted installation files. It is also possible that there is a bug or error in the code being run.

2. How can I troubleshoot a Pycharm crash?

To troubleshoot a Pycharm crash, you can try clearing the cache, updating the software to the latest version, disabling any conflicting programs, or checking for any errors in the code. You can also reach out to the Pycharm support team for assistance.

3. How do I clear the cache in Pycharm?

To clear the cache in Pycharm, you can go to File > Invalidate Caches/Restart. This will delete all cached files, which can sometimes cause issues with the program.

4. Are there any alternative programs for running Python code?

Yes, there are several other programs that can be used to run Python code, such as Visual Studio Code, Jupyter Notebook, and Spyder. Each of these programs has its own unique features and advantages, so it may be worth exploring them to find the best fit for your needs.

5. How can I optimize Pycharm to prevent crashes?

To optimize Pycharm and reduce the likelihood of crashes, you can make sure your system meets the minimum requirements, regularly update the software, and avoid running too many programs simultaneously. It may also be helpful to periodically clean up your system and free up space on your hard drive.