Riddle game - Something for you scientists

In summary, the conversation is about a riddle game that the participants are trying to solve. They are discussing clues they have found on different levels and sharing tips and advice on how to progress in the game. Some participants express frustration with their lack of knowledge in certain areas, but others offer help and encouragement. The participants also discuss the difficulty of the riddles and how some of them require knowledge of HTML or other technical skills.
Schrodinger's Dog said:
I'd imagine the numbers of cards would follow the blackjack system if no other system works i.e. 1-10 with aces being 1 or 11, can't take that for granted though.
In bridge, we use a different point system : 1-10 = 0 pts, J=1 pt, Q=2 pts, K=3 pts, A=4 pts.

My best guess right now is that the answer is a 5-letter word, each letter formed from a row of cards.

The numbers in the background/foreground are confusing. It's not clear if they are relevant (serve as a key, maybe).

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kazza_765 said:
Yeah, the operators are given in the source code as well. Hearts is +, spades /, diamond -, clubs *.

:smile: How do you access the source code btw, since I seem to be out of the loop, clues wise, might help if I know what your looking at from the start. Instead of guessing after the fact :biggrin:

Yeah that's where we started from Gokul, we figured North Bridge were clues from that game and tried the bridge system but that doesn't appear to give anything either?

EDIT:you can use the numbers as the initial numbers in the sequence 25,5,4,8,9 to start each row

so

25+2/3=9+4=13

1x5/5+7=8

4-5x2+4=2

8/8+5-4=2

until the last row

2+9/6-4=-2.16.. d'oh!

Not that the numbers equate to anything coherent anyway we have M,H,B,B,?

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
:smile: How do you access the source code btw, since I seem to be out of the loop, clues wise, might help if I know what your looking at from the start. Instead of guessing after the fact :biggrin:
On your browser taskbar : View -> Page Source

anyone around? so the clues have changed... anyone have any new ideas? i don't see anything that really changes what i was thinking. only thing i really noted was he kept "the elite" so maybe that's a bigger clue than i thought. i noticed elite has 5 letters, 5 rows...? either way, I'm going to give it a look over after i eat.

Boxcutter, I would actually remove the ".htm" text because it takes away from the mood of the puzzle. Dracula's Riddle isn't about the internet, it is about the puzzles.

-------------------

How about this:

A = 1
J = 11
Q = 12
K = 13

(0+12)/3+1 = 5
(0*11)/5+7 = 7
(0-5)*2+13 = 3
(0/8)+5-1 = 4
(0+12)/6-1 = 1

*Everything begins with zero"

Last edited:
dduardo said:
Boxcutter, I would actually remove the ".htm" text because it takes away from the mood of the puzzle. Dracula's Riddle isn't about the internet, it is about the puzzles.

-------------------

How about this:

A = 1
J = 11
Q = 12
K = 13

(0+12)/3+1 = 5
(0*11)/5+7 = 7
(0-5)*2+13 = 3
(0/8)+5-1 = 4
(0+12)/6-1 = 1

*Everything begins with zero"

I did it that way at first...but I didn't figure out a way to use it as answer...and I assume you meant K=13?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, might be relevant, maybe not.

if
J=11
Q=12
K=13
A=14

(0+12)/3+14 = 18
(0*11)/5+7 = 7
(0-5)*2+13 = 3
(0/8)+5-14 = -9
(0+12)/6-14 = -12

1873-9-12 could be a date?

I did a google search but nothing stood out for this date. Anyways, probably nothing

Anyone remember a few riddles back where the uRL had x0x0x0x0x0.htm...and when we cent there, it said there are more than 5 x's and we're removing the wrong zeroes? anyone think there's a connection?

I GOT IT! dduardo, you got the numbers, all you had to do was change them from 1337 5934k, and it turns out as>>>steal.htm

good job yomamma! i didn't think of that. i got those numbers and never considered that, but i tried it with every other set of numbers i got, heh. yay!

yomamma said:
I GOT IT! dduardo, you got the numbers, all you had to do was change them from 1337 5934k, and it turns out as>>>steal.htm

Good job, care to elaborate a little bit more?

how could I elaborate? dduardo had 57341, I conerted it from 1773 5934k

well you go all the way back to level two where that stuff was written in the source code, and the difference between them is that this new one says "be" and the other says "have been"

omega, in leet a 5 is an S, a 7 is a T, a 3 is an E, a 4 is an A and 1 is an L.

Gale said:
omega, in leet a 5 is an S, a 7 is a T, a 3 is an E, a 4 is an A and 1 is an L.

Oh, n00b speak...

yeah, so I'm guessing the change in the tenses of "be" is likely the key to this problem. nothing else stands out to me. "have been" is perfect progressive past tense. "be" is just present tense. there's also a comma in the newer version of the phrase.

I got it now...it is <<[color="#black"]haven[/color]>>

ok, so when you listen to her voice its just a song..

how do you get her voice?

misc/voice.mp3

its in the source.

yomamma said:
how do you get her voice?

It is a short song and it doesn't loop, just refresh the page and you should hear it again.

Or do what Gale did.

for some reason i can never hear the background noise, so i have to do that.

maybe we have to edit the sound? how do you get to that wav editor thing from the run box in Windows?

It doesn't sound like there is anything hidden in the sound. Perhaps it is the notes themselves that are important. I haven't done aural training for years, but I can have a go at figuring out what those notes are, perhaps someone better than me will need to do it.

Perhaps we need to find the note of each tone played? You can use audacity to do frequency analysis and it will tell you the note:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

well, i was trying to think of how those symbols could be explained by the song and it doesn't look like any music symbols i know. and by the sounds it doesn't seem like the notes of the song directly correlate to the symbols either.

i can probably find out the notes, but it will take some time. i think that would be silly though because there's not as many notes as symbols and like i said, i can't see any correlation myself.

My tuner can "read" the notes that it hears...so let me see if i can find it...
Nevermind...

ooh, didn't think of that, I'll try it with my tuner. I checked the id3 tags, nothing hidden there

edit: nope the notes are overlapping too much to get anything, will need to be done by ear.

Last edited:
to me it sounds like E, A, B, C, D, E. its definitely straight up a scale. so again, i don't think its significant.

I've got some time now...people where are we ? A url please ?

Edit : Okay, I think I'm there. Don't know how omega cracked tha last one though...

Last edited:
http://www.draculasriddle.co.uk/dora/haven.htm"

Last edited by a moderator:
Its definitely in C major, no sharps or flats.

i gave you the first 6 notes, I'm positive that's what they are. but like i said, i don't think its significant. any other ideas?

Gale said:
i gave you the first 6 notes, I'm positive that's what they are. but like i said, i don't think its significant. any other ideas?
Maybe by "how to read" it means in terms of music...like in what key.

But it doesn't seem to be working...

again, we can try editing it, reversing it, speeding it up.. etc.