RLC changes negatively when is measured in the inverse sense?

In summary, the voltage and current have opposite directions but the same magnitude in a closed circuit. This holds true for resistors, inductors, and capacitors where the resistance, inductance, and capacitance are the same regardless of the direction of current flow.
Jhenrique
If ##V_{BA} = P_B - P_A## (where V is the voltage and P the potential) so, ##V_{AB} = - V_{BA}##. The same ideia for the current: ##i_{BA} = - i_{AB}##, so this ideia of sense is true too for resistor, inductor and capacitor? The resistance, inductance and capacitance of an arbitrary sense is the same in the contrary sense or is negatively equal in the contrary sense?

Physics news on Phys.org
The resistance is the same in either direction. R=V/I, if you have a negative current then you will also have a negative voltage so that R is the same.

Similarly for other passive elements.

Likes 1 person

Related to RLC changes negatively when is measured in the inverse sense?

1. What is RLC?

RLC refers to the combination of three electrical components - resistance (R), inductance (L), and capacitance (C) - in a series or parallel circuit. These components interact with each other to determine the overall impedance of the circuit.

2. How does RLC change negatively?

When RLC is measured in the inverse sense, it means that the components are connected in a different order (i.e. inductance, capacitance, then resistance). This can lead to a decrease in the overall impedance of the circuit, resulting in a negative change in RLC.

3. What is the inverse sense of RLC measurement?

The inverse sense of RLC measurement refers to the order in which the components are connected in a circuit. In the inverse sense, the inductance and capacitance are placed before the resistance in the circuit, resulting in a different measurement of the overall impedance.

4. Why is RLC measured in the inverse sense?

RLC is often measured in the inverse sense to analyze the behavior of circuits under different conditions. By changing the order of the components, researchers can observe how the impedance and other parameters of the circuit are affected.

5. What factors can affect the measurement of RLC in the inverse sense?

The measurement of RLC in the inverse sense can be affected by the quality and characteristics of the components used, such as the value of resistance, inductance, and capacitance. The frequency of the input signal and the type of circuit (series or parallel) can also impact the measurement.