Robotics applications in Major Events & Functions

In summary: All would require different number of Robot for different tasks. For example, a Marriage might require more Robots for gathering and shooting Videos and Editing.
akerkarprashant
TL;DR Summary
Robotics applications in Events & Functions.
Humanoid Robots.

Just requiring your thoughts on this.

Major events,functions example Weddings, Birthday, Anniversary celebrations, Cricket, Football live match etc are captured using Video camera/s with Humans performing the function with later on the captured recorded video is edited with the final touch being given to produce a high quality video of the event performed.

CCTV cameras placed at the event location do capture the complete live happenings but later on maybe not give us the best video quality for editing. (If incorrect,correct me please).

My query was Can Humans who capture the live events with video cameras be replaced with Humanoids or Machines (other than CCTV camera) who play the Human role to give us fine quality video recording of the event/s which can be later edited using video editing software?

I mean the Humanoids performing the function of video shooting/recording using video cameras.

Attached Video camera image.

Attachments

• images - 2022-03-19T080858.635.jpeg
    images - 2022-03-19T080858.635.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
We have motion tracking cameras and steadycams so I imagine a robot or a drone could track someone. However, the movie would likely be pretty boring showcasing one individual.

One could consider how I used to video my son playing soccer. I initially tracked his play as any good parent would do only to discover that most of the time he's waiting for the ball to cross his path. Later, I started tracking the ball and got a lot of interesting game play for the whole team including my son when he got into the mix and the rest of the team loved it too.

For a wedding event, one could setup two or more tracks one for each principal person in the wedding bride, groom, bride's parents, and grooms parents and maybe the best man and maid of honor. From there using facial recognition, AI software might be able to decide on intersecting transitions.

For example, one would start tracking the bride (very important if she's not happy then no one is happy). A second face appears in her video of her father and so there could be a break and you splice in the fathers movements coming upto the bride and then back to the bride... repeat for other faces.

But notice how hard it can get and whether you can even get a nice flow like a movie. Film editors are just amazing in what they do, one slip at a key juncture can totally alter the flow and meaning of some event in a movie.

I once saw a documentary behind the scenes film editing process. They did a scene where some outlaws were about to ambush some cowboys. In one cut, it appeared the cowboys saw them from the expression of their faces, but from another cut shaving off a second or so made the scene an ambush where the cowboys were caught unaware.

Sadly, I couldn't find this video on youtube but it was quite revealing in how crucial film editing was and its this process that would be very hard to impossible for an AI to capture.

Last edited:
Likes akerkarprashant
Thank you.

I got your point. The number of Humanoids Robot count would vary (variable) depending upon the event. I.e. Marriage, Birthday, Anniversary, Convocation ceremony, Cricket match, Football match, Chess match etc

1. What is the role of robotics in major events and functions?

The role of robotics in major events and functions is to provide efficient and innovative solutions for various tasks that arise during the event. This can include tasks such as event logistics, security, entertainment, and more. Robotics can also enhance the overall experience for attendees by providing interactive and immersive experiences.

2. How are robots used in event logistics?

Robots are used in event logistics to streamline tasks such as set-up and breakdown, transportation of equipment and supplies, and crowd management. They can also be used to assist with inventory management and tracking of event materials.

3. Can robots be used for security at major events?

Yes, robots can be used for security at major events. They can be equipped with sensors and cameras to monitor the event and detect any potential threats. Robots can also be used for crowd scanning and surveillance, freeing up human security personnel for other tasks.

4. How can robotics enhance the entertainment at events?

Robotics can enhance entertainment at events by providing interactive and engaging performances. This can include robots that can dance, play music, or even interact with the audience. They can also be used for special effects and lighting to create a more immersive experience.

5. Are there any potential risks or challenges in using robotics for major events?

There are potential risks and challenges in using robotics for major events, such as technical malfunctions or errors, which can disrupt the event. There may also be concerns about the safety and security of attendees, as well as the potential for job displacement. It is important for event organizers to carefully assess and plan for these risks before implementing robotics.