Schwinger-Dyson equations derivation

• I
  • Thread starter simonjech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivation
In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of incorporating exercise into one's daily routine, such as improved mental and physical health and increased productivity. It also highlighted ways to overcome barriers to exercising, such as finding a form of exercise that is enjoyable and setting achievable goals. Additionally, the importance of self-care and self-love in relation to exercise was emphasized.
simonjech
Gold Member
This is the part of Schwinger-Dyson equations derivation. I did not understand how can we obtain the commutator in the last line of the picture. I understand why the delta functions appeared from Heaviside functions but there is no minus sign in any term so how can we get the commutator? Anticommutator would make more sence for me.
Screenshot_20230305_212957_Drive.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Write down ##\theta (-t)## in terms of ##\theta (t)##. Drawing the graph of ##\theta (-t)## helps.

Last edited:
Likes vanhees71, simonjech and malawi_glenn
Or just use the chain rule for differentiation

Likes vanhees71
I think that i figured it out. The problem was that I did not realized that
Screenshot_20230306_154107_Math Editor.jpg

Likes vanhees71, malawi_glenn, julian and 1 other person

1. What are Schwinger-Dyson equations?

Schwinger-Dyson equations are a set of equations commonly used in quantum field theory to describe the behavior of quantum fields. They are derived from the principles of quantum mechanics and are used to calculate the correlation functions of fields.

2. How are Schwinger-Dyson equations derived?

Schwinger-Dyson equations are derived using the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics. This involves integrating over all possible paths of a particle in a given field, and using the principle of least action to find the equations of motion for the field.

3. What is the significance of Schwinger-Dyson equations?

Schwinger-Dyson equations are significant because they provide a way to calculate the correlation functions of quantum fields, which are essential for understanding the behavior of quantum systems. They also provide a way to study the dynamics of quantum fields and their interactions.

4. What are some applications of Schwinger-Dyson equations?

Schwinger-Dyson equations have many applications in theoretical physics, including in the study of quantum field theories, condensed matter systems, and high energy physics. They are also used in the development of new mathematical techniques and in the study of non-perturbative phenomena.

5. Are there any limitations to Schwinger-Dyson equations?

While Schwinger-Dyson equations are a powerful tool for studying quantum systems, they do have some limitations. They are most effective for studying systems with a large number of degrees of freedom, and they can become increasingly complex for systems with strong interactions. Additionally, they are limited to describing systems in equilibrium and cannot be used to study non-equilibrium phenomena.