Selling Older 3D Printer: Tips & Advice

• Thread starter LightningInAJar
  • Start date
In summary, it is suggested to try selling an older 3D printer on Ebay or Craigslist, as there is a buyer for everything at the right price. It is advised to be cautious when selling on Craigslist to avoid potential safety concerns.
LightningInAJar
TL;DR Summary
How to sell.
I have an older 3D printer. The company that made it has since gone under. I'd like to sell it, but not sure how many takers there could be without customer support available. Any suggestions? Currently doing FB marketplace with minimal success.

Engineering news on Phys.org
There's a buyer for everything, for the right price.

We are not the place to sell stuff.

I would try Ebay or Craigslist. Ebay has a larger audience and is probably your best bet.

Craigslist can become somewhat shady with parking lot transactions as you don't want the buyer to know where you live.

Closing this thread now.

What are the key factors to consider when selling an older 3D printer?

When selling an older 3D printer, it is important to consider the condition of the printer, its features and capabilities, the market demand for that specific model, and the current market value of similar printers. It is also important to accurately describe the printer and its condition to potential buyers.

How can I determine the market value of my older 3D printer?

The market value of an older 3D printer can be determined by researching similar models that have been sold recently, taking into account their condition and features. Online marketplaces and forums for 3D printing can also provide insight into the current demand and pricing for older printers.

Should I include any accessories or materials when selling my older 3D printer?

Including accessories or materials with your older 3D printer can make it more attractive to potential buyers, but it is not necessary. If you do choose to include accessories or materials, make sure to accurately describe their condition and any potential limitations or compatibility issues.

What are some tips for ensuring a successful sale of my older 3D printer?

To ensure a successful sale, make sure to accurately describe the printer and its condition, provide clear and detailed photos, and be transparent about any potential issues or limitations. It can also be helpful to research and target potential buyers who may be interested in your specific model.

What are some alternative options for selling my older 3D printer?

If you are having difficulty selling your older 3D printer, you may consider trading it in or selling it to a company that specializes in buying and refurbishing used printers. You could also donate it to a school or maker space, or repurpose it for other uses such as spare parts or a DIY project.