Series and Parallel RLC parameters

RLC.In summary, the person is trying to find different parameters for series and parallel RLC circuits. They have found a transfer function for series RLC and are aware that the transfer function for a second order system is typically represented as H0=1. However, when they use only the denominator, they find that something is wrong. They mention that their approach works for series RLC but not for parallel RLC. They provide their calculation for the parallel RLC circuit and note that the denominator is different from that of the series circuit.
baby_1

Homework Statement

I want to find different parameters of series and parallel RLC
for series RLC we have this transfer function
C%7D%7Bs%5E2+%5Cfrac%7Bs%7D%7BRC%7D+%5Cfrac%7B1%7D%7BLC%7D%7D.gif

and we know that transfer function of second order system is something like this:we can assume H0=1
134053_eq-1.png

but
gif.gif
is wrong(when you use only denominator you find out that
gif.gif
).However the same approach works fine for parallel RLC.

what is my mistake?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
For a series RLC, from the denominator I find ## Q=\omega_o\frac L R##

What is your transfer function for the series circuit?

Hi,
Sorry , I mean that this approach works for Series RLC but not works for parallel RLC
Here is my calculation
preview.jpg

we know that
gif.gif

gif.gif

gif.gif

So in deliminator
gif-gif.gif
, but with numerator it is different

The same approach

Related to Series and Parallel RLC parameters

What are the main components of a Series RLC circuit?

A Series RLC circuit consists of a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C) connected in series.

What is the difference between series and parallel RLC circuits?

In a series RLC circuit, the components are connected in a single loop, whereas in a parallel RLC circuit, the components are connected in separate branches. Additionally, in a series RLC circuit, the current is the same throughout the circuit, while in a parallel RLC circuit, the voltage is the same across each branch.

What is the significance of the resonance frequency in RLC circuits?

The resonance frequency is the frequency at which the inductive and capacitive reactances cancel each other out, resulting in a purely resistive circuit. This leads to a maximum current and minimum impedance in the circuit.

How can the quality factor of an RLC circuit be calculated?

The quality factor, or Q-factor, of an RLC circuit is calculated by dividing the reactance of the inductor or capacitor by the resistance. It can also be calculated by dividing the resonant frequency by the bandwidth.

What are the applications of RLC circuits?

RLC circuits have various applications in electronics, including in filters, oscillators, and amplifiers. They are also used in power distribution systems for power factor correction and in radio frequency circuits for tuning and selecting specific frequencies.