Seriously Lapsed Sociologist turned Math and Physics Fanboy

In summary, a seriously lapsed sociologist has become a math and physics fanboy, delving into the world of numbers and formulas after losing interest in his former discipline. This transformation has sparked a new passion for the intricacies of mathematics and the laws of the universe, leading the individual to embrace their inner fanboy and explore the depths of these subjects.
OmneBonum
If I had a choice between meeting the Dalai Lama and meeting Andrew Wiles, I would choose the latter.

So, here I am. I study math and physics basically as a hobby. I just want to know and understand more about reality, especially since discovering that reality is all there is! And it's actually pretty awesome. It just takes more work than saying, "I create my own reality!" I'm also interested in things like the Hard Problem of Consciousness, and while I'm certain Deepak Chopra is totally full of stuffing, I'm open to the idea that we may find something illuminating on that score in actual science someday. That ties in, I suppose, to my interest in Evolutionary Psychology, which I'm pretty sure is the correct model for human behavior and the human psyche, but that's way off topic for this forum.

All right everybody. Enough fooling around, get back to work!
OmneBonum

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi OmneBonum.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif