Should I take APchem, BCcalculus, and APphysics junior year?

• Thread starter sopiee_34
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, the speaker is a sophomore with mostly A grades and is considering taking AP Chem, BC Calculus, AP Lang, Spanish 4, USVA History Honors, and two other classes for their junior year. They are unsure whether to take AP Physics and Regular Psychology or Regular Physics and AP Psychology, and are concerned about the workload with so many AP math and science courses. They are also considering their motivation and preparation for a heavily loaded schedule. The speaker is seeking advice on which courses to take and if any are particularly taught by inspirational or disliked teachers. They are also wondering if their future major should influence their course choices and if they can take some of these courses during their senior year.
sopiee_34
Hi, I'm currently a sophomore and my current classes and grades are :
Chemistry 1 Honors: A
PreCalc/Trig Honors: A
English 10 Honors: A-
AP World History: A-
Art 2: A
Spanish 3: A

Next year (junior year), I'm thinking about taking AP Chem, BC Calculus, AP Lang, Spanish 4 and USVA History Honors. That leaves me with 2 extra classes. I don't know if I should take AP Physics and Regular
Psychology or Regular Physics and AP Psychology.
My school only offers Regular Physics and AP Physics. I don't know if it will be a lot of work next year to take AP Chem, BC Calc, and AP Physics at the same time because I'm stocking up on a lot of AP math and AP sciences. Not to mention, I'm also taking AP Lang, so I would be taking 4 AP's with regular Psychology if I decide to do AP Physics. What do you think I should take and why?!

Physics news on Phys.org
Motivation and preparation are very important when considering heavily loaded schedules.

Which do you like most?
What do your parents suggest?
Are any taught by teachers who are particularly inspirational?
Are any taught by teachers you don't like?
Are you planning to major in a field where one seems more important?

Can you not take some of those courses during senior year? Do you have something else planned then?

1. Should I take AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics junior year?

Taking AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics in junior year is a challenging but rewarding decision. These courses offer college-level material and can potentially earn you college credit. However, it is important to consider your workload and time management skills before enrolling in all three courses.

2. What are the benefits of taking AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics in junior year?

Taking these advanced courses in junior year can demonstrate to colleges that you are challenging yourself and have a strong academic foundation. Additionally, earning high grades and potentially college credit can improve your college application and save you time and money in the future.

3. Are AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics necessary for my desired major or career?

It depends on your desired major or career. These courses are typically recommended for students pursuing STEM fields, but they may also be beneficial for other majors or careers. Research what courses are required or recommended for your desired path and make a decision based on that information.

4. What are the challenges of taking AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics in junior year?

These courses are rigorous and require a significant time commitment. You may also need to have a strong foundation in the prerequisite subjects, such as algebra and chemistry, in order to succeed. It is important to be prepared and dedicated to managing your time and studying effectively.

5. Can I handle the workload of AP Chemistry, BC Calculus, and AP Physics in junior year?

This is a personal decision and will depend on your individual strengths, abilities, and time management skills. It is important to assess your current workload and commitments, and also consider seeking advice from your teachers or counselors. If you are unsure, it may be beneficial to start with one or two of these courses and add more if you are successful.