Signal to interference ratio for CDMA

All articles and books on CDMA technologies mention either frequency hopping or direct sequence. However, I do have the equation for signal to interference ratio for direct sequence and frequency hopping. Your project supervisor may need to reconsider the request. In summary, the equation for the signal to interference ratio of CDMA systems not using frequency hopping or direct sequence is not available as all sources mention the use of one of these technologies.
Napsterz
Hi,

I am doing a project on communications engineering. I've done some background reading on CDMA and spread spectrum technologies such as Direct Sequence and Frequency Hopping. My project supervisor has asked me to find out the equation for the signal to interference ratio of CDMA systems not using frequency hopping or direct sequence. Is this possible? I read articles and books describing CDMA technologies and all of them mentioned either frequency hopping or direct sequence. ( I do have the equation of signal to interference ratio for direct sequence and frequency hopping)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Napsterz said:
My project supervisor has asked me to find out the equation for the signal to interference ratio of CDMA systems not using frequency hopping or direct sequence. Is this possible?
I don't see how it is possible.

Related to Signal to interference ratio for CDMA

1. What is the signal to interference ratio (SIR) for CDMA?

The signal to interference ratio (SIR) for CDMA is a measure of the strength of the desired signal compared to the strength of any interfering signals. It is expressed in decibels (dB) and is used to determine the quality of a CDMA signal.

2. How is the signal to interference ratio (SIR) calculated for CDMA?

The SIR for CDMA is calculated by dividing the power of the desired signal by the power of the interfering signals. This calculation takes into account both the signal strength and the signal bandwidth.

3. What is a good signal to interference ratio (SIR) for CDMA?

A good SIR for CDMA is typically considered to be greater than 10 dB. This means that the desired signal is at least 10 times stronger than any interfering signals. A higher SIR indicates a better signal quality and a lower likelihood of dropped calls or data errors.

4. How does the signal to interference ratio (SIR) affect CDMA performance?

The SIR has a direct impact on the performance of CDMA systems. A higher SIR means that the system can support more users and handle higher data rates, while a lower SIR can lead to dropped calls and slower data speeds. Maintaining a good SIR is essential for optimal CDMA performance.

5. What factors can affect the signal to interference ratio (SIR) for CDMA?

The SIR for CDMA can be affected by various factors, including the distance between the user and the cell tower, the number of users in the same cell, and the presence of other electronic devices or structures that may cause interference. Weather conditions and terrain can also impact the SIR, as well as the age and condition of the CDMA network equipment.