Simulate3: Modeling 3-Batch Equilibrium Cycle for PWR

In summary, one has to develop the CASMO lattice files through the design or discharge burnup. There should be examples as rpp indicated.
tonidous
TL;DR Summary
PWR Core equilibrium cycle
Hey,
Any one in this forum experienced in utilizing Simulate3 to model 3 batches equilibrium cycle for PWR.
I prepared the casmo input files and prepared the initial cycle for the core , but i have trouble how to do the transition cycles in order to reach the equbilrium one.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Look at the example files included with the code. There is a PWR example problem that exactly does this.

rpp said:
Look at the example files included with the code. There is a PWR example problem that exactly does this.
Do you have an experience in simulate code, I started writing my own input but I'm not quit sure about it.

tonidous said:
Do you have an experience in simulate code, I started writing my own input but I'm not quit sure about it.
What documentation does one have?

Usually in a fresh core, there are three regions of different enrichments. After the first cycle, approximately one-third of the core is removed, the fuel to remain may be 'shuffled', and fresh fuel is added to the core.

One has to develop the CASMO lattice files through the design or discharge burnup. There should be examples as rpp indicated.

Here are some notes from an MIT course for which they used CASMO4
https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/ha...-fall-2005/contents/labs/lab1_04_05casmo4.pdf

Course description is here - https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/71263

Astronuc said:
What documentation does one have?

Usually in a fresh core, there are three regions of different enrichments. After the first cycle, approximately one-third of the core is removed, the fuel to remain may be 'shuffled', and fresh fuel is added to the core.

One has to develop the CASMO lattice files through the design or discharge burnup. There should be examples as rpp indicated.

Here are some notes from an MIT course for which they used CASMO4
https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/ha...-fall-2005/contents/labs/lab1_04_05casmo4.pdf

Course description is here - https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/71263
for casmo input files i have no problem, but the simulate code it is little bit tricky

Related to Simulate3: Modeling 3-Batch Equilibrium Cycle for PWR

1. What is Simulate3 and what does it do?

Simulate3 is a computer program used for modeling 3-batch equilibrium cycle for Pressurized Water Reactors (PWR). It allows scientists to simulate the behavior of a PWR over multiple fuel cycles, taking into account various factors such as fuel burnup and isotopic composition.

2. How is Simulate3 different from other modeling software?

Simulate3 is specifically designed for modeling 3-batch equilibrium cycles for PWRs, while other software may have different focuses or capabilities. It also uses advanced algorithms and data libraries to accurately simulate the behavior of PWRs.

3. What types of data can be input into Simulate3?

Simulate3 can take in various types of data, including reactor geometry, fuel composition, and operating conditions. It also has the ability to incorporate data from other software or databases for more comprehensive simulations.

4. How accurate are the results from Simulate3?

The accuracy of the results from Simulate3 depends on the quality and completeness of the input data. With accurate and comprehensive data, Simulate3 can provide highly accurate simulations of PWR behavior.

5. How can Simulate3 be used in the field of nuclear science?

Simulate3 can be used by scientists and engineers in the nuclear industry to study and optimize PWR performance, as well as to investigate the effects of different operating conditions and fuel compositions. It can also be used for research and development of new PWR designs and fuel types.