Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle (replace battery with fuel cell)

In summary: You are essentially saying "hey design me a hydrogen fuel cell car"NOTE -- Multiple threads on the same subject merged into one thread.@said76 -- Please stop creating multiple new threads on the same project.
Engineering news on Phys.org
It sounds like you are using the fuel cell to run the motor directly. I am not an expert on fuel cells but it may be difficult to match the energy demand of the motor during acceleration with the output characteristics of the fuel cell. The energy management system in a hybrid also charges the battery using dynamic braking. I don't think you can capture the vehicle's kinetic energy during braking with fuel cell. Perhaps you should look at combining a fuel cell with a battery in a purely electric vehicle and forget about the internal combustion engine.

AM

salutations,
i need help from modeling supercapacitors and buck boost dc dc converter with simulink of matlab.

my problems is: how choise parameters from supercapacitors and converter ?

this block will be used for supply the inverter, and pmsm.
cordialy

greetings.
Thank you for your reply.

here you are right. during acceleration, supercapacitors must be used.

The energy management system in a hybrid also charges supercapacitors or batteries using dynamic braking.

right now I'm using a combination of a fuel cell with a pack of supercapacitors in an electric vehicle.
I have a question if possible.

here is a pmsm of 50kw, what are the parameters of the fuel cell and supercapacitors to use?
Cordially.

said76 said:
here is a pmsm of 50kw, what are the parameters of the fuel cell and supercapacitors to use?
Cordially.
By "pmsm" do you mean switched-mode power supply (SMPS)?

And as for the parameters to start to use in your model, I would think you would start with the datasheets for each component, and figure out how best to model the component based on the datasheet numbers and plots.

Salutations.
I néed help from how to choose the paramèters of under system which are fuel cell and bank of supercapacitors .
Fuel cell is connected to a boost dc dc converter.
Bank of supercapacitors is connected to a buck boost dc dc converter.
Also i need help from how i choose the schema and its parameters from these two choppers.
I use a permanent magnet synchronous motor (pmsm).
I know parameters values from this motor.
The blocks of fuel cell and bank of supercapacitors are recovered from simpowersystems in simulink library.
Cordialy .

said76 said:
Salutations.
I néed help from how to choose the paramèters of under system which are fuel cell and bank of supercapacitors .
Fuel cell is connected to a boost dc dc converter.
Bank of supercapacitors is connected to a buck boost dc dc converter.
Also i need help from how i choose the schema and its parameters from these two choppers.
I use a permanent magnet synchronous motor (pmsm).
I know parameters values from this motor.
The blocks of fuel cell and bank of supercapacitors are recovered from simpowersystems in simulink library.
Cordialy .
You are asking a HUGE question. also how you choose the parameters depends on what your requirements are

what is this for?
what is the scale of the project?

Hi, and thank's for your reply donpacino.
Yes it's a HUGE question. Sorry.
For the moment i like use only the fuel cell connected from boost dc dc converter. This device will feed inverter which will feed the pmsm.
So, now i need calculate parameters of fuel cell and boost dc dc converter.
I now the parameters of inverter and pmsm.
Cordialy.

no, i mean is this for a homework problem. is it theoretical. are you trying to actually build as.

As for the parameters, do you mean power consumption, expected parasitic?

You are essentially saying "hey design me a hydrogen fuel cell car"

NOTE -- Multiple threads on the same subject merged into one thread. @said76 -- Please stop creating multiple new threads on the same project.

Hi, berkeman,

I am sorry from the Multiple threads on the same subject .
Cordialy.

Likes berkeman
for the pmsm "it is the synchronous motor with permanent magnets. for the fuel cell datasheets and the supercapacitor pack is that you have internet links on that?

said76 said:
for the fuel cell datasheets and the supercapacitor pack is that you have internet links on that?
I don't have any links to the datasheets. You should be able to use typical part numbers to find the datasheets at the manufacturers.

I want design in simulink a model of hybrid vehicle.

As for the parameters, i mean values in blocs.

said76 said:
I want design in simulink a model of hybrid vehicle.

As for the parameters, i mean values in blocs.
I'm not familiar with Simulink, but I have worked with some other simulators. What is your level of expertise with Simulink? If you are asking us to do your schoolwork project for you, that's not going to happen (see the PF rules). If you have some experience with Simulink and are having trouble with specialized models, please tell us what type of models Simulink uses (FEA, State Space, other?), and post your initial attempts at modeling these components and systems.

I'm a beginner with Simulink. my level of expertise with Simulink is: initiation. No, I do not ask to make my project for me. I have difficulties, sizing blocks cobstituant my global system. I can send you figures of the block in question. for the experience with Simulink I have some and I have problems with sub models. which are retrieved as blocks from the simulink library. the type of Simulink models currently being used by simpowersystems. ok I will publish my first attempts to model these components and systems. Cordially.

it is my model.

Attachments

• model simulink.gif
    model simulink.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,091
the electric motor (PMSM) data are:
number of phases: 3;
Stator phase resistance Rs (ohm): 0.091;
Inductances (Henry) [Ld (H) Lq (H)]: [0.001597972349731, 0.002057052250467];
Linkage flux (Weber): 0.175666143629361;

I did the simulation and I noticed the power of the pack of supercapacitors.
here is the figure.

Attachments

• SC_POWER.gif
    SC_POWER.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 753
Well we can not measure the power of the pmsm because it is not loaded.
So I'm going to connect him to a vehicle model.

1. What is a Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle?

A Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle is a mathematical representation of a hybrid vehicle's behavior and components using the Simulink software. It simulates the interactions between the vehicle's propulsion systems, such as the electric motor and fuel cell, and allows for analysis and optimization of the vehicle's performance and efficiency.

2. How does a hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell differ from a traditional hybrid vehicle?

A hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell differs from a traditional hybrid vehicle in that it uses a fuel cell instead of a battery to power the electric motor. A fuel cell converts chemical energy directly into electricity, while a battery stores electricity for later use. This makes a fuel cell hybrid vehicle more efficient and environmentally friendly, as it does not require frequent charging like a traditional hybrid vehicle.

3. What are the advantages of using a fuel cell in a hybrid vehicle?

Some advantages of using a fuel cell in a hybrid vehicle include lower emissions, better fuel efficiency, and longer driving range. Fuel cells also have a longer lifespan compared to batteries and can be refueled quickly, making them more convenient for daily use.

4. What are the main components of a Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell?

The main components of a Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell include the fuel cell itself, electric motor, power electronics, and energy management system. Other components such as the fuel tank, battery, and regenerative braking system may also be included in the model depending on the specific design and simulation objectives.

5. What kind of analysis can be performed using a Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell?

A Simulink model of a hybrid vehicle with a fuel cell can be used to analyze various aspects of the vehicle's performance, such as fuel efficiency, power and torque output, emissions, and overall system efficiency. It can also be used for optimization studies to determine the most effective component sizes and control strategies for the hybrid system.