Simulink: Saturation characteristic of saturable transformer

In summary, to simulate different current transformers with varying saturation characteristics in Simulink, you can use the "CT Saturation" block to specify the saturation level and shape of the saturation curve.
minhduc515
Homework Statement
simulink, current transformer, saturable transformer
Relevant Equations
+ Can i plot saturation characteristic of that example in simulink ?
+ How to change saturation characteris parameter, to receive saturation characteristic as i mentioned ?
I'm trying to get saturation characteristic of current transformer in simulink...
In simulink, there was an example of a current transformer : https://www.mathworks.com/help/physmod/sps/examples/current-transformer-saturation.html

And in this document, it said : the CT is assumed to saturate at 10 pu and a simple 2 segment saturation characteristic is used.

Now, i want to simulate other current transformer, which has following saturation characteristic :

+ Can i plot saturation characteristic of that example in simulink ?
+ How to change saturation characteris parameter, to receive saturation characteristic as i mentioned ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, you can plot the saturation characteristic of the example in Simulink. To change the saturation characteristics parameter, you can use the "CT Saturation" block in Simulink. This block allows you to specify the saturation level and the shape of the saturation curve. For the example you mentioned, you can set the saturation level to 10 pu and set the shape of the curve to a two segment curve.

1. What is a saturable transformer?

A saturable transformer is a type of transformer that is designed to have a non-linear relationship between the input voltage and output voltage. This means that as the input voltage increases, the output voltage will eventually reach a maximum value and then remain constant, regardless of how much the input voltage continues to increase.

2. What is the saturation characteristic of a saturable transformer?

The saturation characteristic of a saturable transformer refers to the specific non-linear relationship between the input voltage and output voltage. It is typically represented by a saturation curve, which shows the maximum output voltage that can be achieved for a given input voltage.

3. How does the saturation characteristic affect the performance of a saturable transformer?

The saturation characteristic of a saturable transformer plays a crucial role in its performance. It determines the maximum output voltage that can be achieved, as well as the level of distortion in the output waveform. If the input voltage exceeds the maximum value on the saturation curve, the output voltage will become distorted and the transformer may even become damaged.

4. How is the saturation characteristic of a saturable transformer modeled in Simulink?

In Simulink, the saturation characteristic of a saturable transformer can be modeled using the "Saturation" block. This block allows the user to specify the maximum output voltage and the input voltage at which saturation occurs. The block then uses this information to create a saturation curve and simulate the behavior of a saturable transformer.

5. What are some applications of saturable transformers?

Saturable transformers are commonly used in power systems to regulate voltage levels and protect equipment from voltage surges. They are also used in electronic devices such as amplifiers and oscillators to control the output signal and prevent distortion. Additionally, saturable transformers are used in scientific research, such as in particle accelerators and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines.