Sites/companies used for electric parts

In summary, the conversation discusses the building of a battery pack for a laptop cooling pad using LiPo batteries. The speaker mentions using pre-made parts and expresses concern about purchasing online due to potential scams. They list several websites they use for electronic parts, including Amazon, Sparkfun, Adafruit, Servocity, Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allelectronics, and Fry's. The speaker notes that Fry's may be experiencing business troubles.
Stephenk53
Hello, I am building a battery pack to charge my laptop cooling pad and I am looking at batteries for it. I decided on LiPo because it is thin and thus should fit better on the cooling pad. I do not need help with the design since I am planning on using pre-made parts (although if you are curious as to what I was planning on using I will put it below). Anyway that got me thinking when you buy parts for a diy project what sites and companies do you use? I ask because I am naturally very suspicious of anything I buy online even though I have never been scammed before. I do use amazon but I know there are a lot of fake batteries on there so I am very suspicious when I buy on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXK31CZ/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Protection board

Physics news on Phys.org
Frys may be a bit sketchy now. I think they have been going through some tough business times. Their stores are not stocked well with many empty shelves. I’ve heard they haven’t been able to pay their suppliers and so the suppliers are withholding inventory.

1. What are the top sites/companies used for purchasing electric parts?

Some popular sites/companies used for purchasing electric parts include Digi-Key, Mouser Electronics, Allied Electronics, Newark, and Arrow Electronics. These sites offer a wide range of products and have reliable customer service.

2. Are these sites/companies trustworthy for purchasing electric parts?

Yes, these sites/companies are known for their reliability and quality products. They have been in the industry for a long time and have established a good reputation among customers.

3. Do these sites/companies offer a wide range of electric parts?

Yes, these sites/companies offer a wide range of electric parts from various brands and manufacturers. They have a comprehensive inventory of products to meet the diverse needs of customers.

4. Can I find rare or hard-to-find electric parts on these sites/companies?

Yes, these sites/companies often have rare or hard-to-find electric parts in stock. They have strong partnerships with manufacturers and suppliers, allowing them to offer a wide selection of products.

5. Are there any benefits to purchasing electric parts from these sites/companies?

Yes, there are several benefits to purchasing electric parts from these sites/companies. These include competitive pricing, fast shipping, reliable customer service, and the convenience of shopping online. They also often offer discounts and promotions, making it more cost-effective to purchase from them.