Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, CompTIA A+, & more

In summary, the American Society for Quality deleted the work experience requirement for the Green Belt, so the certified Six Sigma Green Belt now applies. The certified Six Sigma Green Belt is good for sitting for the CompTIA A+ 220-901/220-902 exams.
TheMacNerd
Hi People,

I'm being scheduled to take the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam sometime in the summer 2017. They already have the registration deadlines/dates up for 2017 already.

It's an Open-book, open-notes, calculator-allowed test according to what I've been reading online.

I'm already a Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt. I just called the American Society for Quality (ASQ, the legal certifying organization). They said they deleted the work experience requirement for the Green Belt. Thus, I'm now eligible for the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
-----
My intentions are also to at least try to sit for the CompTIA A+ 220-901/220-902 exams also maybe that same summer. I need my feet in the door of my field(s) ASAP. The sooner the better.

Physics news on Phys.org
TheMacNerd said:
Hi People,

I'm being scheduled to take the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam sometime in the summer 2017. They already have the registration deadlines/dates up for 2017 already.

It's an Open-book, open-notes, calculator-allowed test according to what I've been reading online.

I'm already a Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt. I just called the American Society for Quality (ASQ, the legal certifying organization). They said they deleted the work experience requirement for the Green Belt. Thus, I'm now eligible for the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
-----
My intentions are also to at least try to sit for the CompTIA A+ 220-901/220-902 exams also maybe that same summer. I need my feet in the door of my field(s) ASAP. The sooner the better.
Do you have a question?

Mark44 said:
Do you have a question?
No, just something I'm excited about.

This area is generally for academic advice, don't see the relevance of the thread.

I wouldn't be excited about a bureaucratic management fad test, hope you aren't paying money in the hopes it helps you find a job.

1. What is the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification?

The Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a professional certification that demonstrates an individual's understanding and ability to apply the Six Sigma methodology and tools for process improvement. It is a globally recognized certification that is typically used in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, and finance.

2. What are the requirements for obtaining a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification?

The requirements for obtaining a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification may vary depending on the organization or institution offering the certification. Generally, individuals must complete a training program and pass an exam to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma principles and techniques.

3. What is CompTIA A+ certification?

CompTIA A+ certification is a vendor-neutral certification that validates an individual's knowledge and skills in the field of IT support and technical troubleshooting. It covers a wide range of topics such as hardware, software, networking, and security.

4. What are the benefits of obtaining a CompTIA A+ certification?

Obtaining a CompTIA A+ certification can open up various career opportunities in the field of IT support and help individuals advance their careers. It also demonstrates a high level of competence and expertise in technical troubleshooting, which can be beneficial for job seekers and employees in the IT industry.

5. Can an individual hold both Six Sigma Green Belt and CompTIA A+ certifications?

Yes, an individual can hold both Six Sigma Green Belt and CompTIA A+ certifications as they cover different areas of expertise. The Six Sigma Green Belt certification focuses on process improvement and the CompTIA A+ certification focuses on technical support and troubleshooting. Having both certifications can enhance an individual's skill set and make them more valuable to employers.