SkySurfer Aircraft - a personal multipropeller helicopter

In summary, Hunter Kowald created the SkySurfer Aircraft, a real-life hoverboard. Some concerns have been raised about its safety, with suggestions for adding cages around the props and keeping it close to the ground or over water. There have been similar inventions in the past, such as a flying platform from the 1950s and a drone car.
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh that doesn't look dangerous at all...

Likes berkeman
Oh yikes! Hopefully the next one they build has cages around the props. It's still pretty dangerous, but at least you won't get sliced up when you fall...

That was my thought about the props as well. And, what happens 50 feet off the ground if you tip over. It's like surfing where the first crash gets you killed. If I tried it, I would at least keep it under 20 feet and over water so that there was some chance of survival.

There is a drone car video floating around on PF also. I think that it was posted a little over a year ago.

1. What is a SkySurfer Aircraft?

A SkySurfer Aircraft is a personal multipropeller helicopter designed for recreational use. It is a lightweight, compact aircraft that can be flown by a single pilot.

2. How does the SkySurfer Aircraft work?

The SkySurfer Aircraft is powered by multiple propellers, which provide lift and propulsion. The pilot controls the aircraft using a joystick and pedals, similar to a traditional helicopter. It also has a unique autopilot feature that helps with stability and navigation.

3. What are the advantages of owning a SkySurfer Aircraft?

Owning a SkySurfer Aircraft allows for greater freedom and flexibility in flight. It can take off and land in small spaces, making it ideal for personal use. It also offers a unique and thrilling flying experience.

4. Is it difficult to learn how to fly a SkySurfer Aircraft?

While flying any aircraft requires proper training and practice, the SkySurfer Aircraft is designed to be user-friendly and easy to learn. It also has advanced safety features to assist the pilot during flight.

5. Can the SkySurfer Aircraft be used for transportation?

The SkySurfer Aircraft is primarily designed for recreational use and is not intended for long-distance transportation. However, it can be used for short trips and sightseeing flights. It is important to check local regulations and obtain proper licenses before using it for transportation purposes.