So I wrote a book on cosmology....

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of self-publishing a book on cosmology, quantum field theory, and inflation by a retired engineer and amateur astronomer. The speaker is looking for advice on the value and usefulness of the book and offers a web page for interested parties to review it. Another individual offers some critiques of the book and the conversation ends with the speaker closing the thread.
mbond
I have been studying cosmology, quantum field theory, and inflation all by myself, taking notes, solving the equations, and when I write down my work, it looks like a book. I think of self-publishing it; I believe it could be useful to others interested in the field.

However, I am only a retired engineer (and amateur astronomer). And I know no one knowledgeable to tell me what it is worth. So I hesitate...

I would be grateful for any advice. Of course, if someone from this forum wants to have a look at my book, let me know. I have a web page on it http://mbond.free.fr/INFLATIONp/inflation.htm.

Space news on Phys.org
The material in that link looks like what it is - a student's notes. It's not going to be able to compete with a standard textbook.

Likes Orodruin, weirdoguy and Vanadium 50
mbond said:
I have been studying cosmology, quantum field theory, and inflation all by myself, taking notes, solving the equations, and when I write down my work, it looks like a book. I think of self-publishing it; I believe it could be useful to others interested in the field.

I would be grateful for any advice. Of course, if someone from this forum wants to have a look at my book, let me know. I have a web page on it http://mbond.free.fr/INFLATIONp/inflation.htm.

I think, in its current form, it is not suitable for systematic learning yet. It can be useful for some people to compare notes or double check their results.

I am interested in particle and event horizons in the ΛCDM model and spent some time on your Fig. 5.7. I noticed that ‘t = 4.02 Gpc’ probably should be ‘t = 4.02 Gyr’. Also, some of your plot results depend on input parameter values. You might want to specify them in the text.

Thank you for looking and for your comments. The web page is removed.

I'm afraid we cannot provide the review you demanded. The best we can do has already been said.

Thread closed.

1. What is cosmology?

Cosmology is the scientific study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe. It encompasses a wide range of topics including the Big Bang theory, dark matter, and the expansion of the universe.

2. What inspired you to write a book on cosmology?

I have always been fascinated by the mysteries of the universe and have spent years studying and researching various theories and discoveries in cosmology. Writing a book allowed me to share my knowledge and passion with others.

3. Who is the target audience for your book?

The target audience for my book on cosmology is anyone with a general interest in the subject. It is written in a way that is accessible to both scientists and non-scientists, so anyone who is curious about the universe can enjoy it.

4. What are some key topics covered in your book?

My book covers a wide range of topics in cosmology including the history of the universe, the formation of galaxies, the search for dark matter, and the latest developments in our understanding of the Big Bang.

5. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?

I hope that readers will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the vastness and complexity of the universe. I also hope to inspire curiosity and encourage further exploration and learning about cosmology.