Solve Heat Pump COP Equation with Q & T

T. The first equation (COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) becomes COP=T(H)/((T(H)T)-(T(L)T)) and the second equation (COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) )) becomes COP = (T(H)Q(H))/(T(H)Q(H)-T(L)Q(L)).In summary, the equations given are COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) and COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) ). The user is unsure which equation to use because they need both Q and T in the same equation, but it is possible to modify both equations to include both
conv
Homework Statement
someone who can help me choose which equation to use in this problem
Relevant Equations
COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) or COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) )
1591152817431.png

I have tried to solve this with these equations:
COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) and COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) )
But since I need both Q and T in the same equation, I can't find anything to solve it.

Physics news on Phys.org
conv said:
Homework Statement:: someone who can help me choose which equation to use in this problem
Relevant Equations:: COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) or COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) )

View attachment 264041

I have tried to solve this with these equations:
COP=T(H)/( T(H)-T(L) ) and COP = Q(H)/ ( Q(H)-Q(L) )
But since I need both Q and T in the same equation, I can't find anything to solve it.
You have to use Q unless it is a reversible (Carnot) cycle. You are given Qh and QL so you can easily calculate COP using the equation you have. [the temperatures are not material to solving the problem]

AM

1. What is the Heat Pump COP equation?

The Heat Pump COP (Coefficient of Performance) equation is used to determine the efficiency of a heat pump by comparing the amount of heat energy it produces to the amount of electricity it consumes. It is calculated by dividing the heat output (Q) by the electrical input (T).

2. How do you solve the Heat Pump COP equation?

To solve the Heat Pump COP equation, you will need to know the values for heat output (Q) and electrical input (T). Simply divide the heat output by the electrical input to get the COP value.

3. What is the unit of measurement for the Heat Pump COP equation?

The Heat Pump COP equation does not have a specific unit of measurement. It is a ratio of heat output to electrical input, so the units will cancel out and the result will be a dimensionless value.

4. How do changes in Q and T affect the Heat Pump COP?

The Heat Pump COP is directly affected by changes in Q and T. As the heat output (Q) increases, the COP will decrease. Similarly, as the electrical input (T) increases, the COP will also decrease. This is because a higher heat output or electrical input means the heat pump is less efficient.

5. Can the Heat Pump COP equation be used for all types of heat pumps?

Yes, the Heat Pump COP equation can be used for all types of heat pumps as long as the heat output and electrical input values are known. However, it is important to note that the COP may vary depending on the type of heat pump and its operating conditions.