Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit

In summary: The voltage rule is that the arrow pointing out of the circle indicates the direction of current flow. In this case, current flows from the negative (or start) side of the battery to the positive side.
hmzi123
Homework Statement
Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit.
Relevant Equations
Kirchhoff's circuit laws
1.png

Hello, i have this circuit as a homework. And i have to find all the I's, and Uef, i got stuck at writing Kirchhoff's laws in this circuit, do you think you can help me write them, and also can you explain how can i calculate Uef?

Physics news on Phys.org
hmzi123 said:
Homework Statement:: Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit.
Relevant Equations:: Kirchhoff's circuit laws

View attachment 263806
Hello, i have this circuit as a homework. And i have to find all the I's, and Uef, i got stuck at writing Kirchhoff's laws in this circuit, do you think you can help me write them, and also can you explain how can i calculate Uef?
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

The PF rules require that you show your best effort at working the problem before we can offer tutorial assistance. Start by writing the KVL equations for the loops that are shown -- we will check your work. Thanks.

Ok, I'm sorry. After writing there I don't know how to continue to find any I, and also I don't know how to calculate Uef.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_074744.jpg
    IMG_20200531_074744.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 94
I do not understand the circuit element Ub with the double arrow inside the circle. Can you explain it? Also, what does "J = 1 A" represent and what is its relation to I2?

You have 5 unknown currents, I1-I5. That means you need a total of 5 equations to solve as a system of linear equations.

The ub with 2 arrows is the start of the circuit, and J=I2= 1A.

hmzi123 said:
The ub with 2 arrows is the start of the circuit, and J=I2= 1A.
Is Ub a battery? If so, do you know its voltage? Also is the convention that the arrows inside the circles point from the negative to the positive pole of the battery?

What does "start of the circuit" mean? You can start anywhere when you apply the voltage rule, no?

1. How do I solve a circuit?

Solving a circuit involves using Kirchhoff's laws and Ohm's law to calculate the currents and voltages at different points in the circuit. First, you will need to identify the components in the circuit, such as resistors, capacitors, and voltage sources. Then, you can use Kirchhoff's laws to set up equations and solve for the unknown currents and voltages. Finally, you can use Ohm's law to calculate the actual values of the currents and voltages.

2. What are Kirchhoff's laws?

Kirchhoff's laws are two principles that govern the behavior of electrical circuits. The first law, also known as Kirchhoff's current law, states that the sum of all currents entering a node in a circuit must equal the sum of all currents leaving that node. The second law, also known as Kirchhoff's voltage law, states that the sum of all voltage drops in a closed loop must equal the sum of all voltage rises in that loop.

3. How do I apply Ohm's law in a circuit?

To apply Ohm's law in a circuit, you will need to know the values of resistance, voltage, and current. Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage and inversely proportional to the resistance. This means that you can use the equation V=IR to calculate the voltage (V) or current (I) if you know the other two values.

4. Can I solve a circuit without knowing the values of all the components?

In most cases, you will need to know the values of all the components in a circuit in order to solve it. However, there are some special cases where you can use simplified circuit analysis techniques, such as the voltage divider rule or the current divider rule, to solve for unknown values. These techniques are typically used in circuits with series or parallel configurations.

5. What is the purpose of solving a circuit?

Solving a circuit allows you to understand the behavior of the circuit and determine the values of currents and voltages at different points. This is important for designing and troubleshooting electrical systems, as well as for predicting the performance of electronic devices. Solving a circuit also helps to ensure that the circuit operates safely and efficiently.