Solve Thermal Equation Using Matlab: Guide for Beginners

In summary, the conversation discusses solving an equation using Matlab and the use of thermal properties for different materials. The recommended methods for solving a normal equation, ODE, and PDE are also mentioned.
psm1
Hi i Would like to solve the the following eqn using Matlab

Since I am new to Matlab, I would request u to help me in this regard
(∂^2 T)/〖∂r〗^2 + 1/r (∂T )/∂r+(∂^2 T)/〖∂z〗^2 = 1/α (∂T )/∂t+τ/α (∂^2 T)/〖∂t〗^2 - { (1+δ(t) )-(1+δ(t-tp) }*IoKa/k 〖exp( - 2r/σ^2 〗_^2)exp(-zka)

where δ(t) =76ns

Δz = 0.- 2.5
Δz = 2.5 - 50
Δr = 4

If Δz = 0.- 2.5, I have to use thermal properties of my material

if Δz = 2.5 - 50, I have to use thermal properties of glass.

Could u help me in this regards
Forward Message

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Solve Thermal Equation Using Matlab: Guide for Beginners

1. What is Matlab code and how is it used?

Matlab code is a programming language commonly used in scientific and engineering fields. It is used for data analysis, mathematical computations, and creating visualizations. It is also used for developing algorithms and models for complex systems.

2. How do I write and execute Matlab code?

To write and execute Matlab code, you will need to use the Matlab software. You can type your code into the command window or use the built-in editor. Once you have written your code, you can run it by clicking the "Run" button or using the "run" command in the command window.

3. What are the basic elements of Matlab code?

The basic elements of Matlab code include variables, operators, functions, and control structures. Variables are used for storing data, operators are used for performing mathematical operations, functions are used for performing specific tasks, and control structures are used for controlling the flow of the code.

4. Can Matlab code be used for machine learning?

Yes, Matlab code can be used for machine learning. It has various built-in functions and tools for data preprocessing, feature extraction, and model training. It also has a machine learning toolbox that includes algorithms for classification, regression, and clustering.

5. Where can I find resources to learn more about Matlab code?

There are many resources available for learning Matlab code, including online tutorials, textbooks, and video courses. You can also access the official documentation and user forums on the MathWorks website. Additionally, many universities offer courses on Matlab programming, and you can also attend workshops or conferences dedicated to Matlab and its applications.