Solving Banned IP Address Issue on PF

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Garlic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about an issue where the speaker is unable to access PF on their mobile phone due to their IP address being banned. They searched for a solution and found an old thread mentioning proxies as the cause of the issue. However, the speaker is not using any VPN or proxy software and changing their dynamic IP to a static one would require payment from their phone provider. They wonder if this means PF has banned a large number of IPs in the world and why they are the only one experiencing this issue. They also mention that they get blocked even when using a server-based browser. The conversation ends with a request for the speaker's IP address and clarification on why they are still being blocked.
Garlic
Gold Member
Hello everyone,
I'm having this issue where 70% of the time I can't reach the PF because it says my IP address has been banned. (It only happens when I'm using my mobile phone to access PF.)
I searched this issue and found this 11 years old thread, where I saw that the problem has something to do with the proxies. This is a problem for me because I am not using any Vpn or proxy softwares. The software I'm using is completely vanilla- I diddn't change any network settings. And my phone provider demands some money to change the dynamic IP with a static one. (Also, I don't think it's safe)
If I'm using dynamic IP, and my IP adress is banned 70% of the times, does that mean PF banned every 7 of 10 IPs in the world?
And I have encountered something like this in my whole life only in PF. How does this happen?
And how come I am the only one experiencing this?
What should I do?

Note: I'm using google chrome for android. Interestingly I get blocked even when I'm using Puffin (a server based browser). Shouldn't it be using a different IP?

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
We are only banning one range at the moment. PM what your IP is for the phone.

1. What is a banned IP address on PF?

A banned IP address on PF refers to an IP address that has been blocked or restricted from accessing a network or website due to suspicious or malicious activity.

2. How do I know if my IP address is banned on PF?

You can check if your IP address is banned on PF by trying to access the network or website. If you are unable to connect or receive an error message, it is possible that your IP address has been banned.

3. What are the common reasons for an IP address to be banned on PF?

An IP address can be banned on PF for various reasons, such as multiple failed login attempts, suspicious activity, spamming, or violating the network's terms of service.

4. How can I solve the banned IP address issue on PF?

The first step to solving the banned IP address issue on PF is to identify the reason for the ban. If you have violated the network's terms of service, you may need to contact the network administrator to lift the ban. If your IP address was banned due to suspicious activity, you may need to run a virus scan on your device and change any compromised passwords.

5. Can I prevent my IP address from being banned on PF?

Yes, you can prevent your IP address from being banned on PF by ensuring that you follow the network's terms of service and refrain from any suspicious or malicious activities. It is also essential to regularly update your device's security software and use strong and unique passwords for all your online accounts.