Solving Random Variable x | Maria Seeking Help

In summary, a random variable is a numerical quantity that represents an uncertain or random event and is often used in statistical analysis. Solving a random variable involves finding its expected value or probability distribution, which is important in fields like statistics, economics, and engineering. Maria is likely a hypothetical person used as an example in the problem. Common strategies for solving a random variable include using probability rules and formulas, creating a probability distribution table, and using visual aids like charts or graphs.
maria69
Hi if someone can please help me to this question? PLease?
Thank you
maria
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9793/statistikh4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org

Please define S!

Sorry i forgot to mention what S is. Here:
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3866/question4.jpg
i have done part (i) but i can't do part (ii)
Can you please help??
Thank you
Maria

Last edited by a moderator:

V(S)=E(S2)-E(S)2
E(S2)=σ2
V(S) must be > 0, otherwise S would not be random.
Therefore E(S) must be < σ.

Related to Solving Random Variable x | Maria Seeking Help

What is a random variable?

A random variable is a numerical quantity that takes on different values based on chance or probability. It is often denoted by the letter X and is used in statistical analysis to represent an uncertain or random event.

What does it mean to solve a random variable?

Solving a random variable means finding the expected value or probability distribution of the variable. This involves analyzing the possible outcomes and their corresponding probabilities in order to make predictions or draw conclusions about the variable.

Why would someone need to solve a random variable?

Solving a random variable is important in many areas of science, such as in statistics, economics, and engineering. It allows for the prediction of outcomes and understanding of probability in uncertain situations, and can be used to make informed decisions based on data.

What is the role of Maria in "Solving Random Variable x | Maria Seeking Help"?

Maria is likely a hypothetical person or case used as an example in the question or problem. She represents an individual who is seeking help or guidance in solving the random variable x, and her actions or decisions may influence the outcome of the problem.

What are some common strategies for solving a random variable?

Some common strategies for solving a random variable include using probability rules and formulas, creating a probability distribution table, and using visual aids such as charts or graphs. It may also involve using statistical software or conducting simulations to analyze the variable.